Page 10 of 175 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Saw a couple parents of current players chimed in on FB (one of whom also played here back in the early 90's)....needless to say, they are less than impressed. Selfish, was the most commonly used phrase.

I get that the transfer portal wasn't a thing back when our run started over a decade ago; however, the amount of recent departures by regular contributors (especially underclassmen) is extremely concerning. Is this is player issue, or is it a coaching staff issue? Something seems to be broken/going on internally.....is there going to be a serious sit down with Entz/Larsen in the near future to try and get to the bottom of WTF is going on?

Dom doesn't surprise me, honestly....led the team in rushing in the spring season, then fought the injury bug the last two fall seasons, battled fumble issues, and saw his carries go to Hunter, Williams, Kobe, and TK. Does he even look to continue playing football, or concentrate on professional baseball, full time?

Sigle and Hart are the ones that are head-scratchers....both are playing a pile of meaningful snaps, with Sigle being our highest graded CB so far this year. How in the hell is your "tank empty"? Hart was beginning to come into his own and was becoming a major contributor in both the return game, as well as the passing attack. Just means you could see more of Eli Green/Bryce Lance to fill in behind Mathis, Lippe, Raja, and Braylon.

I hate to bring up the NDSU to FBS side of things...BUT, do these guys stay if we're in the FBS? I may be grasping at straws here, but just makes you wonder that these guys are possibly leaving to play at the "highest level," which is a joke as we've proven we can develop NFL talent as well as, or better than, half of the teams in the FBS, anyway.
    Maybe, maybe not. FBS schools have kids leave all the time too. I think we see players leave for DIFFERENT reasons, but still have kids leaving. New level, new devil.
    More kids transferring because theyre not getting playing time I would guess, and less kids leaving to "try their hand at the highest level". I think you keep most or all of the kids transferring to G5 schools, but still lose all the ones who go lateral or down and the ones who leave because of playing time
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Most athletic? He couldn't outrun Fawker players with a 10 yard start
    That is what stood out to me too. He had a huge cushion and was run down by 2 db. No wr should be caught from behind on that play. Dude is sloooow. Doesn’t mean he can’t be a good receiver but he big time lacks speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    worked out pretty well for them tho
    They could have used him in Frisco when that kid they had at QB twisted his ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Cam has developed nicely and is hitting his stride at the perfect time this season. Still think he has a lower athletic ceiling than our recent QBs but he's making the most of what he has for potential. That you can respect.

Also lead blocking for Bussey 30 yards down field is pretty bad ass.
    It sure is mate.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Most athletic? He couldn't outrun Fawker players with a 10 yard start
    There was something going on there... he wasn't getting up to full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Tank was empty.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Tank was empty.
    Only one cup coffee eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Saw a couple parents of current players chimed in on FB (one of whom also played here back in the early 90's)....needless to say, they are less than impressed. Selfish, was the most commonly used phrase.

I get that the transfer portal wasn't a thing back when our run started over a decade ago; however, the amount of recent departures by regular contributors (especially underclassmen) is extremely concerning. Is this is player issue, or is it a coaching staff issue? Something seems to be broken/going on internally.....is there going to be a serious sit down with Entz/Larsen in the near future to try and get to the bottom of WTF is going on?

Dom doesn't surprise me, honestly....led the team in rushing in the spring season, then fought the injury bug the last two fall seasons, battled fumble issues, and saw his carries go to Hunter, Williams, Kobe, and TK. Does he even look to continue playing football, or concentrate on professional baseball, full time?

Sigle and Hart are the ones that are head-scratchers....both are playing a pile of meaningful snaps, with Sigle being our highest graded CB so far this year. How in the hell is your "tank empty"? Hart was beginning to come into his own and was becoming a major contributor in both the return game, as well as the passing attack. Just means you could see more of Eli Green/Bryce Lance to fill in behind Mathis, Lippe, Raja, and Braylon.

I hate to bring up the NDSU to FBS side of things...BUT, do these guys stay if we're in the FBS? I may be grasping at straws here, but just makes you wonder that these guys are possibly leaving to play at the "highest level," which is a joke as we've proven we can develop NFL talent as well as, or better than, half of the teams in the FBS, anyway.
    Both are quality players. Sigle has some potential but there's no guarantee he can go into a Nebraska or someone similar, maybe KState and start right away. Not really sure DJ Hart can find a better program to contribute in.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You don't suppose he wanted to get caught from behind? Like he didn't want to score???............so the Bison don't win big, like 35 + points?? Dr. Watson, the plot thickens.....

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    You don't suppose he wanted to get caught from behind? Like he didn't want to score???............so the Bison don't win big, like 35 + points?? Dr. Watson, the plot thickens.....
    I was thinking an injury or pain of some sort - his stride looked off.