Page 113 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Playing major college football is professional football in all but name. It is silly to keep pretending otherwise.
    Yeah and Meghan Markle is a princess eh

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Yeah and Meghan Markle is a princess eh
    So is Kevin, eh

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

dam you guys!! i get excited every time this bumps...... then I open it and it's Princess Kevin talk from TAB.. wtf man.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    dam you guys!! i get excited every time this bumps...... then I open it and it's Princess Kevin talk from TAB.. wtf man.
    take it easy on TAB bro it's not his fault. it's age getting the better of him.

much like alzheimers patients it's just better to live with him in the moment and not confuse him. like this

LOL good one TAB you got kevin bro wow that was hilarious like the old stuff you used to do that was actually funny wow what a trip down memory lane thank you bro
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    take it easy on TAB bro it's not his fault. it's age getting the better of him.

much like alzheimers patients it's just better to live with him in the moment and not confuse him. like this

LOL good one TAB you got kevin bro wow that was hilarious like the old stuff you used to do that was actually funny wow what a trip down memory lane thank you bro
    watch out for the tattoo kevin
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Playing major college football is professional football in all but name. It is silly to keep pretending otherwise.
    Perhaps for the elite P5 schools, top 10-20 teams or so.

The problem is this system to buy players will only increase the gap between the top 20 and everyone else.

That 58 point CFP blowout may be the norm, and just the start. G5 FBS schools will look like Sacred Heart or Wagner on the field.
    If there is going to be "professional" college football, it needs to be split up by spending tiers. Nobody outside the SEC/B1G can hope to compete with $100m annual budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Perhaps for the elite P5 schools, top 10-20 teams or so.

The problem is this system to buy players will only increase the gap between the top 20 and everyone else.

That 58 point CFP blowout may be the norm, and just the start. G5 FBS schools will look like Sacred Heart or Wagner on the field.
    If there is going to be "professional" college football, it needs to be split up by spending tiers. Nobody outside the SEC/B1G can hope to compete with $100m annual budgets.
    There is not now and there never has been competitive balance in collegiate football.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

There is not now and there never has been competitive balance in collegiate football.
    And yet there has never been more imbalance than now. Lack of previous existence of a more perfect system is hardly a reason to not strive for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    And yet there has never been more imbalance than now. Lack of previous existence of a more perfect system is hardly a reason to not strive for one.
    We know that not paying the players didn’t create competitive balance so let’s try paying them instead.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

may 15th cant come soon enough!