Page 158 of 175 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Great news!
    I was always kinda expecting it, with his brother committed to NDSU.
    Jett turned down some FBS offers to be on the same team as his brother.

But that is still a lot of coin to turn down, plus a team with resources could easily have made it a package deal for both brothers…

NDSU can get Grey Zabel to the NFL, so betting on himself can payoff also.

Another side benefit for NDSU - if they get most of the 5th year guys to return, e.g. Zabel Wisniewski CMiller - it reduces the roster needs from the Transfer Portal. Same with the 6th year guys…Moestart’s and another big OL or two plus others…
    I mean it's essentially trading hundreds of thousands for potentially tens of millions. And who knows, you transfer and it takes time to learn a new system and suddenly you find yourself in a race vs time trying to learn something brand new

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I mean it's essentially trading hundreds of thousands for potentially tens of millions. And who knows, you transfer and it takes time to learn a new system and suddenly you find yourself in a race vs time trying to learn something brand new
    Do any of these collectives offer any type of catastrophic insurance policies for career ending injuries for star JR's who elect to come back and play their senior year?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Do any of these collectives offer any type of catastrophic insurance policies for career ending injuries for star JR's who elect to come back and play their senior year?
    Great news!
    I was always kinda expecting it, with his brother committed to NDSU.
    Jett turned down some FBS offers to be on the same team as his brother.

But that is still a lot of coin to turn down, plus a team with resources could easily have made it a package deal for both brothers…

NDSU can get Grey Zabel to the NFL, so betting on himself can payoff also.

Another side benefit for NDSU - if they get most of the 5th year guys to return, e.g. Zabel Wisniewski CMiller - it reduces the roster needs from the Transfer Portal. Same with the 6th year guys…Moestart’s and another big OL or two plus others…
    I doubt any insurace company would take that risk but chance of injury is the same anywhere

Zabel will earn plenty

You want the pre season acollades to get drafted. That leads to Senior Bowl invites. That's where people start paying attention. Zabel will probably be a pre season All American. That probably doesn't happen as a new transfer

Worst case, you dont get drafted or make an NFL roster but earn a few hundred grand in signing bonuses. Maybe make the practice squad and earn 12k a week

Heck even a guy like Paul Cornick, who most people never thought of as NFL material and was cut twice played 1 year as a spot starter for a few games (protecting Peyton Manning) and made a half million

Nash Jensen goes undrafted, signs a 3 year contract and finds himself as an NFL starter

Cordell, Radunz and Mauch are set

But getting to that 2nd NFL contract is where you get the fuck you money

Career Earnings

Joe Haeg "quietly" made $9,563,410

Billy Turner has "quietly" made an obscene $31,179,238

I think Zabel is closer to a Mauch or Radunz but if either of them can earn the 2nd contract...
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-31-2023 at 06:01 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison

Colorado State offers Wyatt Hummel
    Villanova grad transfer OL Wyatt Hummel’s latest offers include ECU, Troy and UTEP
    Add Central Florida, USF, Bowling Green, Western Kentucky, Coastal Carolina, Georgia State, Texas State to the offer list for Hummel

I think Lloyds of London used to underwrite these types of policies....not sure though. I would think someone would do it but it might be spendy. It's just probabilities and dollars like any other risk.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I doubt any insurace company would take that risk but chance of injury is the same anywhere

Zabel will earn plenty

You want the pre season acollades to get drafted. That leads to Senior Bowl invites. That's where people start paying attention. Zabel will probably be a pre season All American. That probably doesn't happen as a new transfer

Worst case, you dont get drafted or make an NFL roster but earn a few hundred grand in signing bonuses. Maybe make the practice squad and earn 12k a week

Heck even a guy like Paul Cornick, who most people never thought of as NFL material and was cut twice played 1 year as a spot starter for a few games (protecting Peyton Manning) and made a half million

Nash Jensen goes undrafted, signs a 3 year contract and finds himself as an NFL starter

Cordell, Radunz and Mauch are set

But getting to that 2nd NFL contract is where you get the fuck you money

Career Earnings

Joe Haeg "quietly" made $9,563,410

Billy Turner has "quietly" made an obscene $31,179,238

I think Zabel is closer to a Mauch or Radunz but if either of them can earn the 2nd contract...
    Catastrophic insurance used to be a big thing in D1 hoops but has definitely died post NIL.

Catastrophic insurance used to be a big thing in D1 hoops but has definitely died post NIL.
    Not sure why that should be the case.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

RANDOLPH KPAI
    LB Nebraska has entered the portal
    Great academics. Former 4 star and top player in South Dakota with offers from Oregon, Iowa & Minnesota.

Buried on the depth chart of a good Nebraska defense. Had seen 2 head coaching changes since being recruited. Reminds me of of a young Jabril
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-01-2024 at 04:58 PM.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

RANDOLPH KPAI
    LB Nebraska has entered the portal
    Great academics. Former 4 star and top player in South Dakota with offers from Oregon, Iowa & Minnesota.

Buried on the depth chart of a good Nebraska defense. Had seen 2 head coaching changes since being recruited. Reminds me of of a young Jabril
    He'll be well paid with those teams involved.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    He'll be well paid with those teams involved.
    I believe those were his offers coming out of high school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk