Page 153 of 175 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Looking at his list NDSU is easily his best offer.
    Wow, just looked and that is for sure. About they only solid school in there is Sac St, and assume he wants someone to attend his games. Just hope we can beat our Western Illinois.... (joke, not a slam to offer list)

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, any connection here to program or philosophy change?
    IDK, but listening to Coach P, I think they're definitely going on the offensive using the portal, not just the defensive. I'm sure they'd still like familiarity or some relationship, but I suspect that is somewhat less the focus than in the past.

It's not so much the old philosophy being bad, I think it's more of evolving as things change.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    IDK, but listening to Coach P, I think they're definitely going on the offensive using the portal, not just the defensive. I'm sure they'd still like familiarity or some relationship, but I suspect that is somewhat less the focus than in the past.

It's not so much the old philosophy being bad, I think it's more of evolving as things change.
    Im assuming having all seniors across the 1st team and half the 2nd team o-line, they may be trying to bring in a more developed player to bridge the gap as we are very young there. Dont know how many are super seniors or who will be back...
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Im assuming having all seniors across the 1st team and half the 2nd team o-line, they may be trying to bring in a more developed player to bridge the gap as we are very young there. Dont know how many are super seniors or who will be back...
    This concept is a key point. Billy Turner's don't grow on trees, and when they do, they don't play at NDSU. That was 100% Brewster incompetence.

Miss Brewster........keep that chili hot!!!

Jay did mention on Hot Mic w/Izzo this morning that Westberg is not 100% gone for next year and left the door open a crack about coming back. IF that is the case, assuming Zabel doesn't enter the Portal, you'd have Grey at LT, Miller at LG, Westberg at C, then possibly Rock/Poncious on the right side...I'm sure there are some younger guys waiting in the wings, but getting an older guy to provide experience/depth across the front never hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Jay did mention on Hot Mic w/Izzo this morning that Westberg is not 100% gone for next year and left the door open a crack about coming back. IF that is the case, assuming Zabel doesn't enter the Portal, you'd have Grey at LT, Miller at LG, Westberg at C, then possibly Rock/Poncious on the right side...I'm sure there are some younger guys waiting in the wings, but getting an older guy to provide experience/depth across the front never hurts.
    I haven't looked at the tape (not that I'd be any good at evaluating it), but it seems like Westberg made the Big Sky's MVP on defense all but disappear.

Yes, Mr. Burgundy said something like this on air with Dom Izzo today. May be some gaps in the short run before the next wave.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Mason Miller needs competition at the very least, if not an outright replacement. I can't handle another season of false starts, holding and missed blocks from 73.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Mason Miller needs competition at the very least, if not an outright replacement. I can't handle another season of false starts, holding and missed blocks from 73.
    I miss the days when there simply was no false start bullshit from the Green & Gold!