Page 173 of 175 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    The guy is an engineering major; he has a brain and knows he should finish that before any big decisions.

Here is a better idea, instead of everyone obsession on what MG is going to do, how bout the Bison just get better where it does not matter?
    Well said. Was hearing too many comments similar to the school up north hoping for the Bison to fail, instead of the team improving.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Appreciate that. Just gave you my first rep ever. Hadn't figured that out before.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Presuming he still has an undergraduate degree to be finished...a degree from Northwestern (for example) beats the crap out of any South Dakota State degree. That would still be a great move. It doesn't make anyone any smarter but the cachet of that sort of diploma opens more doors early on. Make it a master's degree and all the better.
    The guy is an engineering major; he has a brain and knows he should finish that before any big decisions.

Here is a better idea, instead of everyone obsession on what MG is going to do, how bout the Bison just get better where it does not matter?

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Presuming he still has an undergraduate degree to be finished...a degree from Northwestern (for example) beats the crap out of any South Dakota State degree. That would still be a great move. It doesn't make anyone any smarter but the cachet of that sort of diploma opens more doors early on. Make it a master's degree and all the better.
    He will graduate in the spring and has been accepted in the graduate program.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Come on. It's an engineering major; good luck transferring those credits. Setting yourself back academically does not "beat the crap our of a SDSU degree." Folks, this is not a University Studies degree......

Come on. It's an engineering major; good luck transferring those credits. Setting yourself back academically does not "beat the crap our of a SDSU degree." Folks, this is not a University Studies degree......
    If he graduates in May and has 2 years of eligibility left he should be able to get a master's where he transfers to shouldn't he? Or doesn't it work like that in engineering? I'm an NDSU ag guy so that's really all i know.

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    If he graduates in May and has 2 years of eligibility left he should be able to get a master's where he transfers to shouldn't he? Or doesn't it work like that in engineering? I'm an NDSU ag guy so that's really all i know.
    If he’s accepted at SDSU, he ‘should’ be able to get accepted elsewhere.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd rather see NDSU improve than hope SDSU slides. What I saw at the end of the season was promising. I hope one thing that HCTP is able to improve right away is discipline. Time management and less penalties would be great.

I know NDSU has never been ravaged by the portal but I think there was a stretch there with some players transferring out and maybe a bit of a recruiting slide that the talent and/or development wasn't what we've been accustomed to. I think some guys that may have been depth pieces were pushed into starting roles that they may not have achieved or were put there before they were ready. But like I said I liked the improvement shown in the second half of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I'd rather see NDSU improve than hope SDSU slides. What I saw at the end of the season was promising. I hope one thing that HCTP is able to improve right away is discipline. Time management and less penalties would be great.

I know NDSU has never been ravaged by the portal but I think there was a stretch there with some players transferring out and maybe a bit of a recruiting slide that the talent and/or development wasn't what we've been accustomed to. I think some guys that may have been depth pieces were pushed into starting roles that they may not have achieved or were put there before they were ready. But like I said I liked the improvement shown in the second half of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I liked the play calling later in the season too.

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    Agreed. And we might be good enough next year that we can beat the Jacks even if Gronowski stays with them.
    Totally possible. Heck, I hope Gronowski comes back to SDSU.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!