Page 79 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If NIL is involved is someone outside the school contacting them. This likely falls under the same rules previously regarding boosters not contacting potential recruits. Not sure how hard that is to prove because you rarely heard of those violations, but you knew they happened. Since those NIL offers seem to be public often maybe that has been excluded from a violation in the new world.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Officially the NCAA addressed this last year and clarified that NIL collectives are prohibited from participating in recruiting
    https://www.bestcolleges.com/news/20...r-collectives/

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Not if the rules are made up and don't matter. Like points on who's line is it anyway.
    Does remind me of the Pony Excess 30 for 30 documentary though. Everyone was doing it, NCAA just picked one school to crucify to scare the shit out of everyone else. To everyone’s point, they’d have to hire 50k investigators tomorrow if they were to try to figure out who all has been doing what.

Not like the NCAA has remotely close to that kind of power anymore though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Does remind me of the Pony Excess 30 for 30 documentary though. Everyone was doing it, NCAA just picked one school to crucify to scare the shit out of everyone else. To everyone’s point, they’d have to hire 50k investigators tomorrow if they were to try to figure out who all has been doing what.

Not like the NCAA has remotely close to that kind of power anymore though.
    History may repeat itself.

the Board of Directors called upon the NCAA's enforcement unit to investigate individual NIL cases and take action against those who have committed "the most severe violations."
    Can guarantee they won't go after the SEC or B1G bluebloods, so who will be the next SMU?

Who we losing today? Im kinda kidding, but kinda not.

Snowgoose is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Who we losing today? Im kinda kidding, but kinda not.
    Trey is transferring to Iowa state based on the other thread. ��
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    A photo? “Yeah, that’s a photoshop. I can tell by the pixels”.

Video? “Yeah, that’s a deepfake”

Phone records? “Yeah, I was trying to call my dentist and tell him I needed this cavity looked at ASAP, just as fast as I’d be looking to give out a scholarship and a large NIL deal for a 6’5” 250 lb DE in the transfer portal. Apparently, it was a wrong number.”

Most NCAA violations are self-reported. Not like the have some CSI thing going on.
    A private business doesnt have to prove something in a court a law. We're not talking murder. They can do their own private investigations. Most businesses have compliance people. Its not like the NCAA is poor

Besides wrong numbers arent 10 minute calls. Deep fakes? Really?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

ECE8HE has entered the transfer portal. All signs point to Liberty being his next destination.

We lost another one to FBS lakes.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    ECE8HE has entered the transfer portal. All signs point to Liberty being his next destination.

We lost another one to FBS lakes.
    I'll be playing the position of pool boy.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    A private business doesnt have to prove something in a court a law. We're not talking murder. They can do their own private investigations. Most businesses have compliance people. Its not like the NCAA is poor

Zeke at Center. Now that's talking murder.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Again, the NCAA isn't going to be investigating all member institutions.

Even SMU was effectively self-reported, or at least enough was said by their own players and coaches to launch an investigation.

The NCAA only has around 500 employees. It's not like they have unlimited resources and pull someone making infographics to sift through a bunch of phone records.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved