Page 78 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They say it cant be proven. Many ways it can. A picture of a coach talking to a player. A public records request on state own phone calls or emails. Heck a PM message to a player who isn't interested could seriously damage a program. Thing is they dont want to enforce it. What they need to do is make penalties so strict, teams wont even think about it. Like the team loses scholarships, cant participate in the playoffs, the coaches are fired and the player is banned
    A photo? “Yeah, that’s a photoshop. I can tell by the pixels”.

Video? “Yeah, that’s a deepfake”

Phone records? “Yeah, I was trying to call my dentist and tell him I needed this cavity looked at ASAP, just as fast as I’d be looking to give out a scholarship and a large NIL deal for a 6’5” 250 lb DE in the transfer portal. Apparently, it was a wrong number.”

Most NCAA violations are self-reported. Not like the have some CSI thing going on.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Wisconsin kids dream of being a Badger. I have to wonder how some of these players know their dream home town school is going to offer, when they weren't interested a year ago
    Scholarship or walk-on? Also, a new staff in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    Scholarship or walk-on? Also, a new staff in this instance.
    What difference do any of the answers to your questions make. He chose to transfer.
    Last edited by CAS4127; 01-22-2023 at 01:09 AM.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Holy F! On Bisonville, the Transfer Portal = Qanon, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, and El Chirpo making sense

Wisconsin kids dream of being a Badger. I have to wonder how some of these players know their dream home town school is going to offer, when they weren't interested a year ago
    Ahhhhh not really.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Talking with a coach in the NCAA. Sounds like coaches are asking players to reach out to players on other teams so there is no record of the coach reaching out to the players first hand. Sounds like it is pretty rampant right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    Talking with a coach in the NCAA. Sounds like coaches are asking players to reach out to players on other teams so there is no record of the coach reaching out to the players first hand. Sounds like it is pretty rampant right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    . If that's true... they're walking on thin ice. It's just a matter of time before a hammer drops on someone over it.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    . If that's true... they're walking on thin ice. It's just a matter of time before a hammer drops on someone over it.
    Not if the rules are made up and don't matter. Like points on who's line is it anyway.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If NIL is involved is someone outside the school contacting them. This likely falls under the same rules previously regarding boosters not contacting potential recruits. Not sure how hard that is to prove because you rarely heard of those violations, but you knew they happened. Since those NIL offers seem to be public often maybe that has been excluded from a violation in the new world.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Snowgoose is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    A photo? “Yeah, that’s a photoshop. I can tell by the pixels”.

Video? “Yeah, that’s a deepfake”

Phone records? “Yeah, I was trying to call my dentist and tell him I needed this cavity looked at ASAP, just as fast as I’d be looking to give out a scholarship and a large NIL deal for a 6’5” 250 lb DE in the transfer portal. Apparently, it was a wrong number.”

Most NCAA violations are self-reported. Not like the have some CSI thing going on.
    Na they want to prosecute things like harbaugh buying a kid a cheeseburger. What a joke of an organization.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.