Page 77 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Wisconsin kids dream of being a Badger. I have to wonder how some of these players know their dream home town school is going to offer, when they weren't interested a year ago
    Increasingly many of the deals are done before the kids ever declare for the portal. The portal paperwork becomes a formality and maybe a chance to see what else is out there.

The kids not finding homes in the portal are often the ones that were recruited over and didn't get something lined up. Coach has a postseason conversation with a kid and says the prospects of playing and/or having their scholly renewed are low ... off to the portal.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Increasingly many of the deals are done before the kids ever declare for the portal. The portal paperwork becomes a formality and maybe a chance to see what else is out there.

The kids not finding homes in the portal are often the ones that were recruited over and didn't get something lined up. Coach has a postseason conversation with a kid and says the prospects of playing and/or having their scholly renewed are low ... off to the portal.
    Very untrue for most of them. There may some of this, but with only 40% of FCS athletes in the portal getting new homes the vast majority are just looking for something new. I can't get the database to update, but considering all sports at all levels only 50% of scholarship athletes get another scholarship out of the porta. Be careful to transfer the small number of high profile situations to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I hope to God we don't have World War III. I don't see the young people of today having what it takes to go to war. As a daughter of WWII veteran, I know what the Greatest Generation had. The ability to sacrifice for the greater good. That quality is NON-EXISTENT today. Young people are just too mollycoddled. I also don't think society in general has what it takes for dealing with another World War. Say what you want about us Boomers, but we were raised by the Greatest Generation and even though many protested against them decades ago, now that we have buried our parents, we know how lucky we were to have been raised by a generation that survived a few World Wars, sacrificed, and lived through the Great Depression with little complaints, and then came home after the war to rebuild their lives. For those who want to bitch about the Boomers, know that all the things you hold near and dear (environmental change, social justice, Smartphones and so forth) were started by Boomers (Earth Day), Martin Luther King spawned Civil Rights and so forth. All those Smartphones and computer stuff, invented by Boomers. Once we are gone, you are on your own! Some day you will be old, and a generation not yet born will blame you for all their self-inflicted shortcomings just as you blame us Boomers.
    that's why we should have it now.

oh and where'd the NDSU portals coming in. chop chop

we lost radar to wisc and 2 other decommits. we are down like 10-15 players
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Thats pretty assumptive.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by heffray;1607075[B
    ]I came back to give positive vibes during a time of great need… now I’m here to help shepherd BV through a very dark time. I know what I’m doing and I make no apologies. [/B]As soon as Chapo gets the #Collective set up, you can talk to my agent about services and rates, but until then I’m going balls to the wall until my Safemoon Barn Meth credits dry up.
    Sounds just like Chapo.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Woulnt that be considered tampering?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

There are no rules

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yep, and it’s rampant and a total shitshow in FBS.
    Problem is nobody has a solution. Some want stricter penalties enforced, and some want to eliminate the rule entirely.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...wl-eligibility

Problem is nobody has a solution. Some want stricter penalties enforced, and some want to eliminate the rule entirely.

I wonder if eventually the whole thing will just implode… I just hope NDSU football survives.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

They say it cant be proven. Many ways it can. A picture of a coach talking to a player. A public records request on state own phone calls or emails. Heck a PM message to a player who isn't interested could seriously damage a program. Thing is they dont want to enforce it. What they need to do is make penalties so strict, teams wont even think about it. Like the team loses scholarships, cant participate in the playoffs, the coaches are fired and the player is banned

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com