Page 71 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Yeah... Just Pay me from a program I've been paying taxes into my entire life thank you very much.
    Exactly my point. It’s your money and it’s peanuts. We’d all have 10x more if we’d been allowed to keep it. But hey boom away smarty
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Exactly my point. It’s your money and it’s peanuts. We’d all have 10x more if we’d been allowed to keep it. But hey boom away smarty
    A small minority would have more. The rest would likely have a camper parked in their yard that’s been used twice, a boat that hasn’t run in years, four snowmobiles on a trailer stashed under their deck and an Ice Castle that has never been on the ice but their brother in law lives in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I don't disagree with that at all, it's definitely big business.

They're still students and I don't like this at all. I'm kind of getting over it now, but that's mostly because I'm finding myself caring less and less. Unless I'm the only one, I don't think that's a good sign. I don't know many people that have loved college football more than me. I'm just going to attend the destination games to party and call it good for now. If they go FBS, maybe I'll re-engage. Or maybe I'll travel more instead.
    . Exactly my feelings about college football and the Bison. Tired of the shirtstorm they have made of college football and all college athletes see is money to be made. Losing interest fast!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    A small minority would have more. The rest would likely have a camper parked in their yard that’s been used twice, a boat that hasn’t run in years, four snowmobiles on a trailer stashed under their deck and an Ice Castle that has never been on the ice but their brother in law lives in.
    My brother-in-law pays rent; and I make him mow grass in the summer and shovel snow now......worthless bastard....... 50 years ago I had a discussion with my father about how I would be so much better off if I had kept that .0765 % (FICA deduction of my check) and invested it.......he got pissed at me for having that attitude. Now I'm rowing that boat.

Yeah. And I wasn't allowed to keep it, so pay me my fucking social security benefits when I retire just like all these boomers get today. I save for retirement as well, but keep your hands off my social security.

Wink Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    My brother-in-law pays rent; and I make him mow grass in the summer and shovel snow now......worthless bastard....... 50 years ago I had a discussion with my father about how I would be so much better off if I had kept that .0765 % (FICA deduction of my check) and invested it.......he got pissed at me for having that attitude. Now I'm rowing that boat.
    Glad you got the investment property.

A good number of our employees are seasonal and it is amazing to me how little financial responsibility/knowledge they have or at least how little they put into practice. When they’re working 60 hours in the summer, I see lots of new trucks in the parking lot and hear about new toys that have been purchased. Then every February we have numerous employees come in asking to do odds and ends jobs, etc. because their unemployment income isn’t covering their commitments. We’ve gone so far as to have budgeting/financial planning seminars for employees. Problem is most don’t attend and the ones that do are the ones that are already responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Cant fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Yeah. And I wasn't allowed to keep it, so pay me my fucking social security benefits when I retire just like all these boomers get today. I save for retirement as well, but keep your hands off my social security.
    Again. Enjoy that $9.61 per hour. Btw Those boomers are funding this country right now.

Cant fix stupid.
    No you can’t. But leaving them to their own devices would likely end up costing us much more than what we miss out on by paying into SS.

Again. Enjoy that $9.61 per hour. Btw Those boomers are funding this country right now.
    Boomers aren’t funding this country anymore than any other generation. Every generation plays their role and their roles change at different stages of life. I am going to fight tooth and nail to avoid becoming a grumpy curmudgeon fearful of any changes brought by the younger generations.