Page 59 of 175 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

In general, I think categorizing people by their generation does very little to help in any conversation, including this one.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    Jalen Bussey is entering the transfer portal per tweet from Logan Campbell. He is a grad transfer and has 2 years of eligibility remaining.
    hopefully he finds a coach who won't try to make him run a-gap power lol
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Visited with Tony Satter in tailgate lot after Natty. He said: “Had Rocky told me I HAD to run the ball to an exact gap, I would have transferred.”

Needless to say, he wasn’t very complimentary toward TR.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Social Security amounts to an average of $9.61 an hour. Enjoy the little bit of your own money you get back.
    Yeah... Just Pay me from a program I've been paying taxes into my entire life thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Jalen Bussey transferring. Now here is a transfer that makes sense on both sides.
    Bus is ridiculously good in an open field. Unfortunately he never got in the open field last year and didn't play much. He would probably fit in well at K-State since they actually know how to use a 5-5 player like Deuce Vaughn.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Bus is ridiculously good in an open field. Unfortunately he never got in the open field last year and didn't play much. He would probably fit in well at K-State since they actually know how to use a 5-5 player like Deuce Vaughn.
    Similar height (Bussey may be taller) but not at all similar in other body metrics. Bussey could get seriously injured in B12. He got rocked in the AZ game on that wonderful decision/call to run him on 3rd down (actually may have been 4th down) near there EZ. He has no ability to break a legit tackle attempt. Plus he made horrible decisions later this season when they put him on KO returns.

He’d be great at a place like Concordia.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Wasnt is Bussey who gained 160 ? yards on like 4 carriesin a game his freshman year?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Wasnt is Bussey who gained 160 ? yards on like 4 carriesin a game his freshman year?
    I don't recall the exact numbers but he had a hell of a good start. Something like that.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I've been trying to figure out how to make the transfer portal more "fair" to the athletes while making it painful to the school they transfer to.

Here's my rough draft thoughts:

Kids can transfer multiple times if they like, but they bring more baggage each time they do to the school they go to:

1st transfer - exactly like now. Everyone gets one move without consequence

2nd transfer - if the athlete moves up a level OR stays at the same level it costs the upper tier team 2 scholarship spots on their roster to acquire them while simultaneously opening two scholarship spots on their former team. If a player moves down a level (ie FBS to FCS) there's no penalty

Again, just my crazy thought experiment of trying to essentially put a salary cap in place for schools.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I've been trying to figure out how to make the transfer portal more "fair" to the athletes while making it painful to the school they transfer to.

Here's my rough draft thoughts:

Kids can transfer multiple times if they like, but they bring more baggage each time they do to the school they go to:

1st transfer - exactly like now. Everyone gets one move without consequence

2nd transfer - if the athlete moves up a level OR stays at the same level it costs the upper tier team 2 scholarship spots on their roster to acquire them while simultaneously opening two scholarship spots on their former team. If a player moves down a level (ie FBS to FCS) there's no penalty

Again, just my crazy thought experiment of trying to essentially put a salary cap in place for schools.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    The transfer rule has been recently changed to require player to sit out a year after their second transfer. This would have effected the UIW QB big time.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO