Page 46 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    More about FBS and NIL deals then leadership IMO. These kids want a shot at the money and no amount of leadership is going to stop it. I get it, it sucks but it is what it is and we need to adapt. Time for an NIL collective for NDSU and a push for FBS by the big dollar boosters. Need somebody to step up to the plate.
    Also, Gen Z is a whole different breed. Everything is about clout and being rewarded before you earn it.
    Last edited by EndZoneQB; 01-18-2023 at 06:07 PM.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Also, Gen Z is a whole different breed. Everything is about clout and being rewarded before you earn it.
    I think there is something to this too. In the last 10-15 years the amount of options a person has for almost everything in their everyday life has grown drastically. Watch anything you want, any time you want. Food options on literally every corner of the street. Social media of all kinds. All this creates an entitlement and need for instant gratification. If you don't like what you have, go get something else.

Now that choice has come to college football. The pull of FBS, NIL and being wanted by a "bigger school" is just too much for some.

Yes it’s terrible that people have so many options to choose what they want lol

NDSU can adapt or it can become the next Montana. And it starts with NIL. Where do we sign up for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yes it’s terrible that people have so many options to choose what they want lol

NDSU can adapt or it can become the next Montana. And it starts with NIL. Where do we sign up for that?
    don't worry bro me scottie and lakes are starting a collective

we're going to have tens of dollars running through here in no time
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I’ll just leave this right here

https://mwwire.com/2022/08/26/mounta...nsfer-tracker/

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Every team has 15+ leaving

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

To be fair, they were raised by Gen X and older Millenials. Those were the ones handing out participation trophies

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Every team has 15+ leaving
    Yep, most of us know that every school is losing players. What that list doesn't tell me is whether any of those players were starters or projected to be starters.

I do think one thing that is somewhat unique to NDSU is the track record of high caliber players and putting players into the NFL that attracts high level talent that went under the radar and through their play and film are now on other schools radar. But the thing that is really unique to NDSU is the dominance at this level that is now directly impacted by the transfer portal when almost no other factor got in the way.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think Entz has been aggressive enough in the portal himself. As you said in another thread, adapt or die.
    I mean, he bought those nice glasses to make everyone think he’s not stoopid. Seems to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    I mean, he bought those nice glasses to make everyone think he’s not stoopid. Seems to be working.
    Bubbles doesn't even try.