Page 44 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Transfer portal and NIL had nothing to do with forcing parity. It is just a secondary effect of giving the top schools autonomy to do what they want and everyone else wanting to hang on to their coattails and get whatever crumbs are allowed to fall.
    Maybe wasn't the purpose, but it's definitely a side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Transfer portal and NIL had nothing to do with forcing parity. It is just a secondary effect of giving the top schools autonomy to do what they want and everyone else wanting to hang on to their coattails and get whatever crumbs are allowed to fall.
    How about "inadvertently creating parity" instead of forcing it? Either way, EC8CH's point is the same.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    I think you make some good points but I would like to add I think the biggest threat this has to our sports landscape is that the lifeblood of these, and our, programs is the hardcore fans/boosters that always buy tickets and show up to the games and spread the interest in the community. If the hardcore fans and boosters no longer feel like their time and money contributions have an impact and you lose them then the program suffers and then in turn the community (i.e. general fans) lose interest. It feels like a potential domino effect leading to what you mentioned, a nationwide dwindling attendance trend.

Pretty crappy situation. Maybe I am just being overly pessimistic though.
    That’s pretty much how I feel at the moment.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Talked to the Dad of one of the players (neither of these guys) earlier this year at our tailgating spot....he flat out told me that Arizona coaches were talking to Courtney after their game. Entz has also insinuated in prior pressers that although FBS coaches aren't "supposed" to be trying to entice players to enter the portal, it is absolutely happening. Not sure if us moving to the FBS would help prevent kids from entering the portal, but it certainly isn't going to hurt our chances of retaining them.
    When there are no consequences from the NCAA why not? If tampering happened 5 years ago, the NCAA would have penalized them by cutting scholarships ot making a team Bowl inelligible for a year. By doing nothing, they are saying it's OK

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    We better start playing the same "recruiting" game as everyone else.
    Adapt or die. You cant replace seniors starters with 18 year olds year after year. But you also cant go away from what makes you successful. It's a tough balance

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The term once a Bison, always a Bison will need to adapt too. Those transferring out drafter a year or two don’t deserve to be called Bison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    How about "inadvertently creating parity" instead of forcing it? Either way, EC8CH's point is the same.
    Sure, that is at least more on point. He seemed to be insinuating it was almost a sort planned and directly targeted move. The ones who pushed had and have zero concern for what the consequences were to anyone below them. G5, FCS, D2, they don't care.

On one hand, it sucks, particularly as fans. On the other hand, tough to fault the players, especially when the coach who recruited you can pick up and leave to a different school at any point in time (like Braun and Eubanks/Jones). Why shouldn't a player have similar options? That being said, I don't think there is much argument that the transfer portal and NIL could probably use some reigning in.

Is Talbert eligible for another year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    Courtney Eubanks and Dom Jones entering the transfer portal

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...ransfer-portal
    WE GOTTA GO FBS. this is ridiculous
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Is Klieman or Klanderman tampering with our players? Seriously who's getting in these guys ears??
    it's always been HANK JACOBS K STATE
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?