Page 43 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal

I mean this basically forces us to bring in another CB in the portal. I would also bring in a safety.

Right now our only CB with experience is Price. They are high on Alexander, but he redshirted last season.

We have basically zero experience at safety, although I have heard the staff is really high on Ryan Jones and Reggie King. Sam Jung as been a good special teams player, but hasn't played much safety.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Losing 3-5 impact players a year will kill us.
    I don't think Entz has been aggressive enough in the portal himself. As you said in another thread, adapt or die.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I don't think Entz has been aggressive enough in the portal himself. As you said in another thread, adapt or die.
    Doesn't this force us to replace them? We have scholarships open, replace them with players that can come in and compete instantly.

Well at least these guys transferred after the season. Interesting way of forcing parity at lower divisions by depleting successful teams of their top players year after year.

What is the trickle down affect? FBS coaches or boosters talk to our players, get them to transfer. Does NDSU start doing the same? Find the best D2 players that have them transfer up? Or go to other FCS programs and talk to their best players?

I'm just saying that we know what goes on. We know players are being tampered with.

Andre Martin in 2012 transferred from UNI to NDSU, started at CB, won a title.

I was going to say that i don't think our culture translates well to rosters full of transfers/fbs rejects (even though that would make lakes really happy)

but then i thought about it and i realized that some of what we've seen on the field is contradictory to our culture as well. so who knows?

the fact that kids would rather go play on a basement dwelling squad like USF than play for championships here should tell us everything we need to know about moving up to any FBS conference that will take us. writing is on the wall.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

What is tampering in the NCAA context?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

We better start playing the same "recruiting" game as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    What is the trickle down affect? FBS coaches or boosters talk to our players, get them to transfer. Does NDSU start doing the same? Find the best D2 players that have them transfer up? Or go to other FCS programs and talk to their best players?

I'm just saying that we know what goes on. We know players are being tampered with.

Andre Martin in 2012 transferred from UNI to NDSU, started at CB, won a title.
    Time to get some top players in D2-FCS to come our way. Guys familiar with us.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Well at least these guys transferred after the season. Interesting way of forcing parity at lower divisions by depleting successful teams of their top players year after year.
    Transfer portal and NIL had nothing to do with forcing parity. It is just a secondary effect of giving the top schools autonomy to do what they want and everyone else wanting to hang on to their coattails and get whatever crumbs are allowed to fall.