Page 148 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Good luck with your strange crusade
    I'm laughing at you (in disbelief) thinking that emphasizing honor and loyalty is strange.
    Well with status quo, fans 'give a shit' about college football is in an eddy circling the drain. I'm not saying my ideas are the only salvation, they are just ideas. Seems silly for a bunch of monday morning arm chair QBs to think their opinions matter anyway, but it's frustrating to not see an effort from the powers that be to steer this ship into calmer waters. Excited fans are happy to throw their money at this sport. Many of us are no longer excited.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I'm laughing at you (in disbelief) thinking that emphasizing honor and loyalty is strange.
    Well with status quo, fans 'give a shit' about college football is in an eddy circling the drain. I'm not saying my ideas are the only salvation, they are just ideas. Seems silly for a bunch of monday morning arm chair QBs to think their opinions matter anyway, but it's frustrating to not see an effort from the powers that be to steer this ship into calmer waters. Excited fans are happy to throw their money at this sport. Many of us are no longer excited.
    Don't think its possible to change it now. This is our new reality in college football. Basketball will be the same.

The P5 have created a farm system, and all the players are working to "move up" the next rung. It may take more money over time just to maintain status quo. It is sad for those that remember the "old days" when loyalty mattered a few years ago.

All about chasing the biggest bag for the players now.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Look honesty and loyalty are as important to me as they are the next guy. Your indentured servitude plan would take things to a more conservative place than college athletics have ever been. That’s a strange solution to have in the middle of the largest progressive shift in the history of college athletics since integration.

I don’t doubt that this is bad for college athletics. It’s become a business above all else. The charm of college football used to be that it wasn’t this way. It is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

TAB has once again entered the transfer portal. We expect him to be back to Bisonville though as he's entered four straight years and no one else has wanted him.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    TAB has once again entered the transfer portal. We expect him to be back to Bisonville though as he's entered four straight years and no one else has wanted him.
    Question is why do we keep taking him back.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Question is why do we keep taking him back.......
    Pimp coat and chains

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Ha, jokes on you. I never left the portal...but I still keep getting paid so I show up now and again so my account doesn't get deactivated.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Ha, jokes on you. I never left the portal...but I still keep getting paid so I show up now and again so my account doesn't get deactivated.
    Somebody should get the Bobs in here...

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Look honesty and loyalty are as important to me as they are the next guy. Your indentured servitude plan would take things to a more conservative place than college athletics have ever been. That’s a strange solution to have in the middle of the largest progressive shift in the history of college athletics since integration.

I don’t doubt that this is bad for college athletics. It’s become a business above all else. The charm of college football used to be that it wasn’t this way. It is what it is.
    Good post. It appears that though we were arguing, yet we were agreeing on quite a bit.
    I appreciate that honesty and loyalty are associated with conservatism, and progressiveness being the opposite. This describes where we are going wrong in a lot more than just college sports!

Where did El Chapo go? Transfer portal?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com