Page 73 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    It’s worth $9.61 per hour to
    The avg person soooooooo
    JFC can we knock this shit off already? We get it guys, you’re all real mad at the other person’s generation for ruining your 401k but I could not give any less fucks.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

It’s worth $9.61 per hour to
    The avg person soooooooo
    per hour of what exactly?
    Don't believe everything you think.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    per hour of what exactly?
    That’s what it’s worth for the avg person on a 40 hour work week
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Would you guys get off my lawn already?

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    JFC can we knock this shit off already? We get it guys, you’re all real mad at the other person’s generation for ruining your 401k but I could not give any less fucks.
    I didn’t realize you were being forced to read it. So sorry.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I've never bought this comparison. To me it's apples and oranges. One is an adult earning a living, the others are students. College sports are supposed to be something you do while you get an education.
    Agreed on the apples to oranges comparison. I've talked with several parents of D1 athletes the last couple of years, so I have a little different perspective. One went to a B1G school as a very fast and tall DE. No matter how much he lifted, he couldn't get above 225. After 3 years he decided to transfer to an OVC school to grt on the field. He was there 2 years and did well when he played, but he had a couple of injuries, including an ACL tear. His body also developed, and he's now 245. He's in the portal now to see if he can get another opportunity in FBS. He has an outside shot at the NFL, but his dad may have wishful thinking. Dad is very smart though and understands better than most how this works. His son is graduating in May, so he'll be a grad transfer.

I completely agree with your last statement, and for 95% of student athletes, that is still true. The other 5% are those in men's basketball and football. The games those 5% play though fund the opportunity for the other 95%. I joke with a good friend who was a director for NCAA. I've if the best and worst things that happened to the NCAA is the popularity and money generated by the men's basketball tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Frankly, having that knowledge in advance would encourage more transferring. You got four years to play if you ain't going to the League.

Would you rather spend that last year or two in Fargo playing in front of 15-17k or at a P5 school offering you a last hurrah?
    I think many of the FCS transfers trying to get to P5 schools is based on the game environment. NDSU is amazing and a great atmosphere, but if you've never attended a Michigan or Alabama game, there is no comparison. Even if you are at lesser P5 school, you still get several opportunities to play in those places. This is enticing whether or not you have a shot at the NFL. The main draft benefit you may get is a confirmation of your ability because you showed you were good against the best.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    . Exactly my feelings about college football and the Bison. Tired of the shirtstorm they have made of college football and all college athletes see is money to be made. Losing interest fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    One bad assumption you make is the demand to watch college football will stay the same or increase. I believe a significant percentage of alumni and fans will stop watching and donating. Why watch semi pro ball when you can watch the pros? What connection to the university do these roaming free agents have? Why should I give money as a booster to teams that indirectly pay their players? Do NFL fans send money directly to the owners of the teams they love? College football is going to crash in popularity unless some strict rules are established for the portal and NIL. Check back in a few years because the young kids don't understand the money has to come from somewhere and it's going to soon be much less.
    Both of these statements are accurate. What may be good for the student athletes in the short term could harm big-time college football in the long run. Fans will lose interest with the constant turnover. Time will tell if the NIL numbers start to create divisions in the locker rooms or labor issues others have mentioned. The future is very hard to predict.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I didn’t realize you were being forced to read it. So sorry.
    The thread title is “Transfer Portal” which is a pretty hot topic on BV right now… so yeah, it’s annoying to click on the thread hoping to read more opinions about this topic only to see your hate boner for Millenials. Go post it in your wrestling threads so I can ignore it there.

Only one that’s mad is you sooooooooooooooooo

The thread title is “Transfer Portal” which is a pretty hot topic on BV right now… so yeah, it’s annoying to click on the thread hoping to read more opinions about this topic only to see your hate boner for Millenials. Go post it in your wrestling threads so I can ignore it there.
    There’s a way for you to ignore me. Feel free. And I’ll go where I want when I want.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

45% of the country pays zero income tax. Millennials are the least wealthy generation. Boomers on avg are worth 10x more. Crabby or not
    45% of every generation, that includes boomers. And wealth is typically accumulated over time. It seems logical that the younger generations would have less. At one time the boomers were todays gen z. You didn’t come out of the womb with what you have now.