Page 90 of 175 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I guess I’d say “imperfect information” rather than market inefficiency. Also, regarding playing time and other considerations those aren’t market inefficiencies they’re multiple markets acting simultaneously.
    Thats just another form of market inefficiency and one of the places where hedgers live.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    How many teams in P5 conferences have had a legitimate hope for winning a national championship in the last 20 years? Even in the Big Ten conference race it's usually just Ohio State and maybe Michigan or Penn State.
    The national guys laughed when talking about next year at fbs on ESPN right after the championship. They were like then next 1, 5, 10 years u might as well say basically like four teams in Alabama, Ohio state, Clemson, and Georgia. To win a title less than ten schools have a chance.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    You truly are a master of the English language.*

*We are in agreement.
    I’m also a master-debater.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    You cunning linguist...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I'm a master at baiting a fishing hook eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I'm a master at baiting a fishing hook eh.
    Seems… messy.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How many teams in P5 conferences have had a legitimate hope for winning a national championship in the last 20 years? Even in the Big Ten conference race it's usually just Ohio State and maybe Michigan or Penn State.
    This is something that most folks refuse to take into consideration when discussing college football. At the end of the day, there are only a handful of teams that actually have a shot at winning the title. Sure, every so often they'll let Cincinnati or TCU or some other outsider into the party just to give the illusion of parity. And this year TCU did all they could to make it interesting with their sympathy invite, up until the ball was kicked in the natty and everyone realized they didnt belong. I mean even when you look at what Bama did to KSU, the Big 12 champ...the was a good old fashioned ass whooping.

I do believe that eventually the "Collectives" at these big P5 schools are going to start to dwindle when the donors start to realize that the money they're forking over to get some recruit or transfer portal kid isnt going to fix the fact that they arent Alabama or Georgia.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    This is something that most folks refuse to take into consideration when discussing college football. At the end of the day, there are only a handful of teams that actually have a shot at winning the title. Sure, every so often they'll let Cincinnati or TCU or some other outsider into the party just to give the illusion of parity. And this year TCU did all they could to make it interesting with their sympathy invite, up until the ball was kicked in the natty and everyone realized they didnt belong. I mean even when you look at what Bama did to KSU, the Big 12 champ...the was a good old fashioned ass whooping.

I do believe that eventually the "Collectives" at these big P5 schools are going to start to dwindle when the donors start to realize that the money they're forking over to get some recruit or transfer portal kid isnt going to fix the fact that they arent Alabama or Georgia.
    Agree 100%. It probably will tamp down when the collectives realize that paying $10M for a quarterback recruit who's a bust is not a very good way to spend money...

Then again, it may truly become an arms race where people feel the need to do it to avoid becoming the next KU, Rutgers, Arizona football program. That's where it gets out of control
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Agree. I think it’ll be the same as before. Maybe someone like Miami will get better because they can pay. Not much changes at the top in my opinion.

Not to be confused with cunilinguist!

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    You cunning linguist...