Page 144 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Who??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing yet, but TP did say he expects departures. Unclear if just low level guys moving on, or the impact folks. I do worry it is the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by HillsboroBison View Post
    I like what he had to say about the portal. We haven’t done a good enough job leveraging the portal under Entz. This is college football in today’s world and it sounds like he’s not going to be scared to take transfers as long as they are right for the program and the locker room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Also referenced that the ones that will immediately be looked at are kids with prior connections to. Probably look at kids who ndsu or Wyoming initially recruited but maybe accepted offers at other programs. I seem to remember polasek being a really good recruiter and feel this is a spot where we really struggled lately and haven’t got the high level kids we did under Bohl/klieman

FCS is nothing more than a feeder, minor league for FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdcubs View Post
    What a unique and insightful take. No one has ever said this before. I am truly shocked

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

FCS/G5 for P5

Well then we better pull up a seat to the table and eat as well instead of being the perpetual loser in the portal. Adapt or die.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Well then we better pull up a seat to the table and eat as well instead of being the perpetual loser in the portal. Adapt or die.
    This. There's no doubt that the portal, NIL, the super-conferences, etc., all suck, but it's the way it is. We have to be a player if we're going to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    FCS/G5 for P5
    And P5 for Blue bloods. People don't need to like it but that's how it is now. Notre Dame will be starting a portal guy at QB for the 3rd time in 4 years. Each guy was a multi-year starter at P5 schools. Oklahoma just lost their stud QB to the portal. Thats just how it is going to be now.

Fargo isn't exactly the most exciting place for college kids. The team has 2-3 games a year against peer competition. Not exactly surprising that kids with FBS options may want to test themselves against better competition.
    College of Business Alumnus

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    And P5 for Blue bloods. People don't need to like it but that's how it is now. Notre Dame will be starting a portal guy at QB for the 3rd time in 4 years. Each guy was a multi-year starter at P5 schools. Oklahoma just lost their stud QB to the portal. Thats just how it is going to be now.

Fargo isn't exactly the most exciting place for college kids. The team has 2-3 games a year against peer competition. Not exactly surprising that kids with FBS options may want to test themselves against better competition.
    Even the gophers are having issues with the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Even the gophers are having issues with the portal.
    Basically every team in the nation is going to have problems. Look at Ohio st and Oklahoma starting qbs transferring to name a few. It will be what teams can learn to adapt the best that will have success. I really hope the ncaa changes some of the rules because it is getting ridiculous. Unfortunately lots of kids are actually losing out by entering the portal and not finding another school.