Page 165 of 175 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal

The South Dakota schools, and lots of other local universities, have agreements with Opendorse. Not sure if that's paying off well for them or not. I assume the website is taking a nice percentage of it.

https://opendorse.com/south-dakota-state-jackrabbits

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You’re right, no guarantee that won’t change. The gap between SDSU and USD is far more significant in terms of fans/donor base though than the gap between NDSU and UND. Unless USD does something significant to change the trajectory I don’t see that closing anytime soon. UND will always have hockey which pulls in dollars, even from Fargo. USD doesn’t have anything like that. If SDSU continues to do things the right way they will absolutely dominate USD in every way possible. Other than the Medical and Law schools there really isn’t anything that gives USD a leg up over SDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All good points.

I was going to make a point about support for UND hockey being not the same as support for their other sports as evidenced by their loss of other sports recently, but I don’t care that much.

Fuck SDSU and their fans. I agree with you there.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Every team has their share of peckerhead fans.
    I've got several wonderful Jacks fans as customers. One was in today saying their leaving in the morning for Frisco. There's another one from Wyoming who played for SDSU in the 70's that I text back and forth with for hours on Saturdays while watching football. Was partying with a neighbor who went to Frisco when we played each other, and was told to leave a bar by a bunch of Bison fans because it was not for Jacks fans. So we have jerks among us too.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Every team has their share of peckerhead fans.
    I've got several wonderful Jacks fans as customers. One was in today saying their leaving in the morning for Frisco. There's another one from Wyoming who played for SDSU in the 70's that I text back and forth with for hours on Saturdays while watching football. Was partyingwith a neighbor who went to Frisco when we played each other, and was told to leave a bar by a bunch of Bison fans because it was not for Jacks fans. So we have jerks among us too.
    Ouch. I truly am surprised to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    All good points.

I was going to make a point about support for UND hockey being not the same as support for their other sports as evidenced by their loss of other sports recently, but I don’t care that much.

Fuck SDSU and their fans. I agree with you there.
    Preaching to the choir.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Sam Herder has written that SDSU doesn't have a collective and don't plan on creating one because of how great their culture is

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
    He should know about this pact they have. Culture is good but it is going to still require money because a 20 year old will still get influenced by money. If they aren't preparing for life with nil, they better be preparing for preparing players for other programs with nil.

No one in fcs is going to compete for the Arch Mannings and millions of dollars, but they have to be ready to keep athletes comfortable and able to take care of a few things. I don't like it but it is necessary.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Yes, from a city perspective but SDSU is much more reach wise than just Brookings. Some young kids may choose not to attend SDSU because of Brookings but the dollars that are invested in that University come from a much wider geographical area than just Brookings. The advantage that NDSU has over SDSU in terms of the ability to establish an NIL collective and build their booster/donor base is not limited by the fact that SDSU is located in Brookings. NDSU and SDSU are peer institutions that are about as similar as you can be. Anyone who believes NDSU is a drastically superior university or athletic department vs. SDSU is likely letting their Alumni bias weigh too much into that assessment. All that being said, Fuck the Bunnies! Their fans suck and I hate the fact that I had to put up with a bunch of my obnoxious relatives at Christmas. It really makes me want to go back to the days when the only thing SDSU ever got excited about was Hobo Day parties/riots and starting cars on fire and shit.

So how did Christmas with your relatives turn out during the NDSU run with our 9 nattys? What did your relatives have to say then at Christmas? Crickets??? I would find it really tough to either work with taunting SDSU fans or be stuck at a dining room table with SDSU relatives. (I never could understand that SDSU Hobo Day thing.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    He should know about this pact they have. Culture is good but it is going to still require money because a 20 year old will still get influenced by money. If they aren't preparing for life with nil, they better be preparing for preparing players for other programs with nil.

No one in fcs is going to compete for the Arch Mannings and millions of dollars, but they have to be ready to keep athletes comfortable and able to take care of a few things. I don't like it but it is necessary.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    Yep. I find it funny they say it's because they have great culture as a way to imply every other team has bad culture that does NIL.

I mean Michigan, Washington, Alabama and Texas do huge amounts of NIL. Do they have bad culture?
    SDSUs best team ever was recruited in a pre NIL era. What happens when other schools take notice? What happens when other Valley schools start to give every player on the roster, including walk ons, an extra 10 grand, essentially making walk ons scholarship players? Then you got a team of 120 scholarships. That's more than FBS teams. Then it goes from a defensive move to a recruiting weapon

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    [/B]

So how did Christmas with your relatives turn out during the NDSU run with our 9 nattys? What did your relatives have to say then at Christmas? Crickets??? I would find it really tough to either work with taunting SDSU fans or be stuck at a dining room table with SDSU relatives. (I never could understand that SDSU Hobo Day thing.
    Wasn’t discussed at all. I’m one of one as NDSU alums in the family so I just left it alone. Not much needed to be said. However after all those years of second fiddle they absolutely are empowered to bring it up every time I see them. Annoying is an understatement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep. I find it funny they say it's because they have great culture as a way to imply every other team has bad culture that does NIL.

I mean Michigan, Washington, Alabama and Texas do huge amounts of NIL. Do they have bad culture?
    SDSUs best team ever was recruited in a pre NIL era. What happens when other schools take notice? What happens when other Valley schools start to give every player on the roster, including walk ons, an extra 10 grand, essentially making walk ons scholarship players? Then you got a team of 120 scholarships. That's more than FBS teams. Then it goes from a defensive move to a recruiting weapon
    There is not a school in the Valley that can sustain paying $1.2m per year to do that.