Page 164 of 175 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1742

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    South Dakota really fudged up not putting one of their big state universities in Rapid City. That would be a fun road trip as an opposing fan (and a good recruiting draw).
    School of Mines has some of the higher rated engineering programs in the country, need to beef up their D2 FB program though...

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    School of Mines has some of the higher rated engineering programs in the country, need to beef up their D2 FB program though...
    Didn’t I see them in the D2 championship this year?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Didn’t I see them in the D2 championship this year?
    That would be the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    That would be the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado.
    Thank you.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Yes, from a city perspective but SDSU is much more reach wise than just Brookings. Some young kids may choose not to attend SDSU because of Brookings but the dollars that are invested in that University come from a much wider geographical area than just Brookings. The advantage that NDSU has over SDSU in terms of the ability to establish an NIL collective and build their booster/donor base is not limited by the fact that SDSU is located in Brookings. NDSU and SDSU are peer institutions that are about as similar as you can be. Anyone who believes NDSU is a drastically superior university or athletic department vs. SDSU is likely letting their Alumni bias weigh too much into that assessment. All that being said, Fuck the Bunnies! Their fans suck and I hate the fact that I had to put up with a bunch of my obnoxious relatives at Christmas. It really makes me want to go back to the days when the only thing SDSU ever got excited about was Hobo Day parties/riots and starting cars on fire and shit.
    I don't think anyone here thinks that we are a better athletic school than SDSU. The Bunnies own us in every sport that matters and in most that don't.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I don't think anyone here thinks that we are a better athletic school than SDSU. The Bunnies own us in every sport that matters and in most that don't.
    I think there are a fair amount that think that. They just think their success is a result of our decline particularly in football. I think that we have declined but they have also continued to build. We have to raise the bar again because they have proven that they are willing and capable of matching us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I think a key differentiator is that Vermillion is basically the same distance away from SF as Brookings. SDSU draws more from SF than USD does, obviously, but there is nothing geographically preventing that from shifting. UND isn’t ever going to draw more support from Fargo enough to move that needle.
    You’re right, no guarantee that won’t change. The gap between SDSU and USD is far more significant in terms of fans/donor base though than the gap between NDSU and UND. Unless USD does something significant to change the trajectory I don’t see that closing anytime soon. UND will always have hockey which pulls in dollars, even from Fargo. USD doesn’t have anything like that. If SDSU continues to do things the right way they will absolutely dominate USD in every way possible. Other than the Medical and Law schools there really isn’t anything that gives USD a leg up over SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    South Dakota really fudged up not putting one of their big state universities in Rapid City. That would be a fun road trip as an opposing fan (and a good recruiting draw).
    Absolutely! I think USD in Rapid City would make for a really interesting dynamic between USD and SDSU. East River vs West River. Ag/engineering vs. doctors/lawyers. Rapid City vs. Sioux Falls. I think both schools would have had really strong and unique fanbases with really great and distinct universities.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Other than the Medical and Law schools there really isn’t anything that gives USD a leg up over SDSU.
    I will say most of my friends' kids (recent and soon to be graduates) have almost all gone down or are going down to USD instead of SDSU (a couple are at LATC), whether that's because they didn't like Brookings or just wanted to be below the snow line down in Vermillion I'm not 100% sure but it's a small anecdote anyway...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com