Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for Selection Sunday

Default Re: Questions for Selection Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    So why did ML give SDSU the easiest path to Frisco if he has all this power? Could have just as easily put UND/Weber in that pod or he could have put them in Sac State's pod to give NDSU a better shot at homefield if they lose.

I agree that UND got screwed but I am not sure it was ML pulling those strings.
    The irrational fear of Matt Larsen on the committee probably has to do with a few things:

1. Victim complex
    2. Fear of other schools' leadership comes naturally when your experience has been the leadership UND has had the past few decades
    3. Confirmation bias (I feel like we got screwed! Oh wait NDSU's AD is on the committee! we must've gotten screwed, and by those evil folks down in Fargo, no less!)

Matt Larsen doesn't give two hoots about UND. And even if he did, it would be only because of scarcity of resources and not because of some seething hatred. And if it was the scarcity of resources bit, why would he have allowed UND to be in the playoffs in the first place? Why would he have allowed SDSU to get the #1 and a cakewalk to the semi's? There's more competition between NDSU and SDSU in football than NDSU and UND.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    That's fine to blame Roger Thomas for an 18 point loss that happened 20+ years ago. But that's seems so D2. Guess the FCS really is turning into the same?
    Plenty of politicking went on, pretty obvious to see with how things got set up.
    But when he's literally the rep in the room for a team that they send on the road despite having a higher bid, despite that never happening, not sure why he wouldn't shoulder part of that blame.
    Dude, in 2000, NDSU was 10-1 and ranked #3 going into the playoffs. They demolished the #1 AND #2 teams on their own fields in the first two rounds. Then, the night after smoking the #2 team in the nation, D2 and Roger Thomas decided to send NDSU to Delta State on a field that made the Mandan Rodeo Grounds look like center court at Wimbledon.

UND is 7-4 and was one of the last two teams into a 24-team field, gave up almost 100 to the top 2 teams in their conference, and looked like a less physical version of Drake when they played NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Dude, in 2000, NDSU was 10-1 and ranked #3 going into the playoffs. They demolished the #1 AND #2 teams on their own fields in the first two rounds. Then, the night after smoking the #2 team in the nation, D2 and Roger Thomas decided to send NDSU to Delta State on a field that made the Mandan Rodeo Grounds look like center court at Wimbledon.

UND is 7-4 and was one of the last two teams into a 24-team field, gave up almost 100 to the top 2 teams in their conference, and looked like a less physical version of Drake when they played NDSU.
    You forgot that the team got food poisoning the night before the game.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    That's fine to blame Roger Thomas for an 18 point loss that happened 20+ years ago. But that's seems so D2. Guess the FCS really is turning into the same?
    Plenty of politicking went on, pretty obvious to see with how things got set up.
    But when he's literally the rep in the room for a team that they send on the road despite having a higher bid, despite that never happening, not sure why he wouldn't shoulder part of that blame.
    Do you really think un_ is going to stay within 18 points of Weber? The way you guys got your asses handed to you on Saturday I'm surprised you made the playoffs at all.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

"From the FCS' Host Operations Manual: "When determining host institutions for playoff games when both teams are unseeded, criteria shall apply as follows (listed in alphabetical order): (1) attendance history and potential, (2) quality of facility, (3) revenue potential plus estimated net receipts, (4) student-athlete well-being (e.g., travel, missed class time); and (5) team’s performance (e.g., conference place finish, head-to-head results and number of Division I opponents)."
    They take all of these things into consideration. I think people read this and think it's listed in order of priority when it clearly states it's listed in alphabetical order. I seriously doubt UND's bid was much more then Weber's, they average about the same attendance. Facilitys are pretty equal. Don't think 4 is a factor either way. Team's performance is by far in Weber's favor. Not sure why anyone can argue this decision sensibly.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    They take all of these things into consideration. I think people read this and think it's listed in order of priority when it clearly states it's listed in alphabetical order. I seriously doubt UND's bid was much more then Weber's, they average about the same attendance. Facilitys are pretty equal. Don't think 4 is a factor either way. Team's performance is by far in Weber's favor. Not sure why anyone can argue this decision sensibly.
    Because it has never been publicly confirmed that this has happened in the past. I feel a bit dirty siding with UND fans on this but it seems reasonable to be pissed off if the goalposts are moved on you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Because it has never been publicly confirmed that this has happened in the past. I feel a bit dirty siding with UND fans on this but it seems reasonable to be pissed off if the goalposts are moved on you.
    Yep, they got screwed...but I am loving it. Who knows how much bigger the bid was...I would expect UND's bid to be big enough to leave little doubt that they would win it...but the powers that be do love their money and don't like to leave any...so who knows. Fact is the goalpost got moved and it royally screwed UND and that makes me a happy camper.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Yep, they got screwed...but I am loving it. Who knows how much bigger the bid was...I would expect UND's bid to be big enough to leave little doubt that they would win it...but the powers that be do love their money and don't like to leave any...so who knows. Fact is the goalpost got moved and it royally screwed UND and that makes me a happy camper.
    Win/Win for all NDSU fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Did you feel dirty when ole Gene moved the goalposts on the meaning of a home and home contract???

The committee just told uND (in a beautifully back handed way) that they aren't good at football. Savor that taste in your mouth, don't spit it out.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Did you feel dirty when ole Gene moved the goalposts on the meaning of a home and home contract???

The committee just told uND (in a beautifully back handed way) that they aren't good at football. Savor that taste in your mouth, don't spit it out.
    Yes, like a good Porter: Black Butte from Deschutes or Pillager from Drekker.