Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for Selection Sunday

Default Re: Questions for Selection Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    You kind of kill your own argument dont you? You just claimed Montana was better than the team that dominated them.

Arizona sucks and we lost to a shitty team. It’s okay.
    They may not be an excellent FBS team, but they would clearly be one of the best in FCS. I don't think you understand how Sagarin works. It's the best estimate based on history....as outcomes change, so does the Sagarin rating. The fact that it changes over time just reflects new / better information.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    This is unbelievable. Gonna side with you 100% on this one. Total BS and not surprising from the committee. It's just all around a terrible way to determine playoffs. A bunch of directly biased professionals getting in a room and politicking and in the best case scenario they're indirectly biased because they're human beings. If UND outbid Weber and didn't get the game the entire hypocrisy of the NCAA is being laid out. "We have to regionalize everything to save money" ... "Oh wait we'll leave money on the table because we think Weber is better than UND"

I mentioned it yesterday after the bracket was released: I think this all just points to the negotiation-based nature of what goes on behind those closed doors. It just smells like a "okay the Valley can have three teams but UND is going to get paired against the best non-seed and they have to go on the road"-type outcome. UND is better than half of first round teams and yet they find themselves on the road at a team that should've been a seed. It's a sham and you're right to be pissed.
    Montana State is the one who got screwed the most! Talk about the toughest 2nd round matchup in the entire bracket. Vigen should be kicking in some doors! Montana shouldn’t be in the tourney and they are hosting, unreal. I’m just glad we got one of those teams coming to the dome.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What’s funny about this whole new criteria is the Griz haven’t beat a team with a winning record this year but are yet more deserving to host the playoff game lol.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Montana State is the one who got screwed the most! Talk about the toughest 2nd round matchup in the entire bracket. Vigen should be kicking in some doors! Montana shouldn’t be in the tourney and they are hosting, unreal. I’m just glad we got one of those teams coming to the dome.
    Its the damn regionalization coming into play again. Although this year the MVFC isn't the one being bent over and screwed! I don't like the regionalization, but having the tables turned for once is kinda like sweet revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I don't think that one of the last teams into the playoffs really deserves to squawk about who they play in the first round.

I would love to expand the seeds to 12 or 16 though.
    Meh it's pretty ridiculous that Gardner Webb and Eastern Kentucky got podded with W&M and then right next door Weber UND and Montana State got podded together.

I'd take any three of the west coast pod against any three of the east coast pod.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Yeah imagine how bad Bisonville would be the past 24 hours if we got Montana State'd. I'm still not happy about Montana, it'll be the best 2nd round team we've ever faced, by far.

Took #2 to overtime, lost by three to Weber. Don't remember a 2nd round game with that kind of resume.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Seeding 16 teams would eliminate a lot of issues, they could still have regionalization for Thanksgiving weekend but then we would see a more true field after that.

The odd thing for UND is if had St Thomas been eligble, that is who they would have played and the winner would go to the Fargodome.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Montana State has to be pissed. But welcome to the club. I remember the 15th or so ranked Jacks coming to the top seeded NDSU for a second round game.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As someone else posted on AGS:
    "From the FCS' Host Operations Manual: "When determining host institutions for playoff games when both teams are unseeded, criteria shall apply as follows (listed in alphabetical order): (1) attendance history and potential, (2) quality of facility, (3) revenue potential plus estimated net receipts, (4) student-athlete well-being (e.g., travel, missed class time); and (5) team’s performance (e.g., conference place finish, head-to-head results and number of Division I opponents)."
    Remember that NCAA takes the larger of 3/4 of the gate or the bid amount. If Weber's "revenue potential" is close to UND's, which it probably is based on previous attendance, that 1 of 5 criteria wouldn't trump the others.
    Although, if you pair this with UND previously being sent to SHSU and having their locker room in a tent due to renovations, I have to wonder if the NCAA has a vendetta against them. What could UND have possibly done and/or continue doing to warrant that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Montana State has to be pissed. But welcome to the club. I remember the 15th or so ranked Jacks coming to the top seeded NDSU for a second round game.
    Maybe they should just buy out the game.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes