Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for Selection Sunday

Default Re: Questions for Selection Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Why do we even play the game, we should just let sagarin pick the championship.

Montana makes sense as the second best team in the FCS…

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    In the past the @NCAA_FCS Twitter has dropped the top 4 seeds (in no particular order) before the selection show started. I wonder if they'll do the same this year? It would be a little more interesting this year for those of us in Bisonville than it typically has been.
    I'd be pretty shocked if the top 4 aren't Sac St, SDSU,MSU,NDSU
    The bubble teams are more interesting to speculate about, some brackets I've seen had YSU or UND.
    The 7/8 seeds could be interesting also.

Anyone know a good free streaming service for ESPNU...without tons of popups? It is only on ESPNU, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    Why do we even play the game, we should just let sagarin pick the championship.

Montana makes sense as the second best team in the FCS…
    Sorry if the computers hurt your feelings. The algorithm says Arizona would be the best team in FCS. FWIW, Massey has them as #3 if they were FCS. Good algorithms do better than any selection committee, fan group, coaches/media poll in ranking teams.

But if it's performance you're after, sagarin has picked 10 of the last 11 FCS championships correctly...

Montana did appear to be one of the top teams in FCS (better than Montana State in my opinion), before yesterday. Teh algorithm will adjust
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Sorry if the computers hurt your feelings. The algorithm says Arizona would be the best team in FCS. FWIW, Massey has them as #3 if they were FCS. Good algorithms do better than any selection committee, fan group, coaches/media poll in ranking teams.

But if it's performance you're after, sagarin has picked 10 of the last 11 FCS championships correctly...

Montana did appear to be one of the top teams in FCS (better than Montana State in my opinion), before yesterday. Teh algorithm will adjust
    You kind of kill your own argument dont you? You just claimed Montana was better than the team that dominated them.

Arizona sucks and we lost to a shitty team. It’s okay.

We are hoping to watch it on Hulu and ESPN+. It is showing up on the ESPN+ schedule for today.

Hopefully this meaningless basketball game between Murray St and Tulsa doesn't go long... under 6 minutes left in the 2nd half and Murray is up 17 so hopefully it ends mercifully quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    You kind of kill your own argument dont you? You just claimed Montana was better than the team that dominated them.

Arizona sucks and we lost to a shitty team. It’s okay.
    Ahh there's never been an upset before. In a rivalry game on the road, no less. That's why they play the game, as you alluded to.

Part of the problem with human rankings is people have a tendency to look at one game and not the entire body of work without prejudice. Arizona didn't look all-world against us but they looked better than SDSU did. You could cherry pick that game or you could cherry pick that Arizona lost to #7 USC in a one-score game and beat #15 UCLA. Far better than anything anyone in FCS can claim.

Agree to disagree, but my original point was that folks want to count our Arizona loss as a loss and completely neglect the fact that Samford got their doors blasted off in their FBS game.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Thanks..I just have ESPN+ but don't see a way to watch it on there.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Thanks..I just have ESPN+ but don't see a way to watch it on there.
    Hes right. Its on there. FCS Football selection show.