Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for Selection Sunday

Default Re: Questions for Selection Sunday

I agree with abc123, UND got hosed on this.
    Montana State should be pissed as well.

As long as they continually change the logic that determines the matchups, they should be criticized.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Seeding 16 teams would eliminate a lot of issues, they could still have regionalization for Thanksgiving weekend but then we would see a more true field after that.

The odd thing for UND is if had St Thomas been eligble, that is who they would have played and the winner would go to the Fargodome.
    Seeding 16 teams would solve everything*. Too many times it seems like teams in the 9-12 range are playing each other the opening weekend and then they're podded to go to a top 4 team.

*Assuming you trust their ability to seed 16 teams correctly...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Seeding 16 teams would solve everything*. Too many times it seems like teams in the 9-12 range are playing each other the opening weekend and then they're podded to go to a top 4 team.

*Assuming you trust their ability to seed 16 teams correctly...
    That's what happens when regionalization is literally a requirement, there are only 3 western conferences (being generous and including the WAC) and two of them are the strongest in the subdivision.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I remember when Roger Thomas helped send NDSU to play at Delta State instead of hosting the 2000 NCAA DII semi-finals…
    That's something un_ will never discuss. But let the conspiracies reign about NDSU rigging it and sending them to Weber. They wouldn't have won no matter where they play.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Clearly the FCS is just a glorified national crime syndicate and Matt Larsen is the equivalent Don Vito Corleone.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Clearly the FCS is just a glorified national crime syndicate and Matt Larsen is the equivalent Don Vito Corleone.
    ML is not smart enough to be a Don; he's more of a Capo, like Clemenza without the belly.

So why did ML give SDSU the easiest path to Frisco if he has all this power? Could have just as easily put UND/Weber in that pod or he could have put them in Sac State's pod to give NDSU a better shot at homefield if they lose.

I agree that UND got screwed but I am not sure it was ML pulling those strings.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    That's something un_ will never discuss. But let the conspiracies reign about NDSU rigging it and sending them to Weber. They wouldn't have won no matter where they play.
    That's fine to blame Roger Thomas for an 18 point loss that happened 20+ years ago. But that's seems so D2. Guess the FCS really is turning into the same?
    Plenty of politicking went on, pretty obvious to see with how things got set up.
    But when he's literally the rep in the room for a team that they send on the road despite having a higher bid, despite that never happening, not sure why he wouldn't shoulder part of that blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    UND definitely has a Fredo vibe... so maybe the FCS is more like Michael.

"I'm good at hockey, FCS, and I was stepped over!"
    "That's the way we wanted it."
    "It ain't the way I wanted it! I can tackle things! I'm physical! Not like everybody says... like weak... I'm strong and I want respect!"

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    So why did ML give SDSU the easiest path to Frisco if he has all this power? Could have just as easily put UND/Weber in that pod or he could have put them in Sac State's pod to give NDSU a better shot at homefield if they lose.

I agree that UND got screwed but I am not sure it was ML pulling those strings.
    ML was one of 11 ADs in that room. I'm sure there is some give and take that happens.
    I doubt he screwed UND or helped SDSU. He probably did help keep us from getting screwed though.