Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    The Dome felt/sounded like we were playing Indiana State. Very blah atmosphere.

UND really sucks. They were friggin small and slow. Don't know how they won 7 games. Is the MVFC that weak this year?

Sioux Suck Forever.
    Yes our league was awful this year other than us and SDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

id still take the MVCF agasint the entire field to win the natty... the league might have been down but the top 2 teams are better than any other conference all star team.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    id still take the MVCF agasint the entire field to win the natty... the league might have been down but the top 2 teams are better than any other conference all star team.
    If the Bison are not able to get back to Frisco this year, I'm hoping SDSU doesn't as well. A crew from a conference participating in the game is not eligible to work. The ultimate goal of any official is to work the championship at whatever level you work. MVFC crews have been blocked for 11 straight years. The 2 years the Bison didn't make it, Youngstown and SDSU did.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If the Bison are not able to get back to Frisco this year, I'm hoping SDSU doesn't as well. A crew from a conference participating in the game is not eligible to work. The ultimate goal of any official is to work the championship at whatever level you work. MVFC crews have been blocked for 11 straight years. The 2 years the Bison didn't make it, Youngstown and SDSU did.

It sucks for you...but thats kind of awesome

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

Since I already reprised my early signing day rant I might as well do the same for another of my favorite rants.

I can understand why they don't want conference officials doing a playoff game involving two teams from different conferences but I wish they would make an effort to assign conference officials if two teams from the same conference meet in the playoffs. The players, coaches, and officials are all more familiar with each other and each other's respective styles and would lead to better game flow with officials being less involved in the game - which is a good thing by everyones account I'd think. So if NDSU and SDSU make the title game have the #1 MVFC crew officiate the game. I'll never forget that 2014 2nd round playoff matchup between NDSU and SDSU that had a CAA crew and was the worst officiated game altogether that I've ever witnessed.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Since I already reprised my early signing day rant I might as well do the same for another of my favorite rants.

I can understand why they don't want conference officials doing a playoff game involving two teams from different conferences but I wish they would make an effort to assign conference officials if two teams from the same conference meet in the playoffs. The players, coaches, and officials are all more familiar with each other and each other's respective styles and would lead to better game flow with officials being less involved in the game - which is a good thing by everyones account I'd think. So if NDSU and SDSU make the title game have the #1 MVFC crew officiate the game. I'll never forget that 2014 2nd round playoff matchup between NDSU and SDSU that had a CAA crew and was the worst officiated game altogether that I've ever witnessed.
    Agreed. If I recall correctly, it seemed like the CAA crew was not used to the speed of the game/players with MVFC teams.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hear! Hear! I don't want to watch a game where its "Death by Review" again. IIRC the Eastern Washington game had a lot of booth reviews and that game took forever.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Agreed. If I recall correctly, it seemed like the CAA crew was not used to the speed of the game/players with MVFC teams.
    The one PI flag they tried to pick up because the U, for some inexplicable reason, thought the ball was tipped was the boiling point for me. Here's the video: https://youtu.be/0iBztCZUKO8?t=7807. There were numerous blown calls going both ways earlier in that game too.

And the topper was the horrible clock resetting they had to do twice when SDSU took over for the final time after Wentz connected with Legendowski to put the Bison up for good which did their best to try to quiet the crowd by destroying the game flow but it didn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Hear! Hear! I don't want to watch a game where its "Death by Review" again. IIRC the Eastern Washington game had a lot of booth reviews and that game took forever.
    You are referring to that classic "Bill Fette Bowl".

That game was played, what 4, 5 years ago or more? That CAA crew hopefully has improved by working more games, film study, going to officiating clinics and camps, and rulebook study. ......right, Indy? By now, they've have had to improve.