Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Senior Day

Default 2022 Senior Day

Entz just said at his press conference there are 12 seniors getting recognition before the game on Saturday for playing their final regular season game at NDSU. There are 21 seniors on the roster.

I'm pretty sure these guys are 5th or 6th year guys that are out of eligibility even with the COVID year:
    Dawson Weber
    Destin Talbert
    Michael Tutsie
    James Kaczor
    Nash Jensen
    Luke LaCilento
    Noah Gindorff
    Spencer Waege

You can add the Senior Bowl guys also:
    Hunter Leupke
    Cody Mauch

That would leave these guys as candidates to come back (at least 2 of them will be recognized on Saturday):
    Zach Mathis
    Kobe Johnson
    Julian Wlodarczyk
    TaMerik Williams
    Jayden Price
    Luke Waters
    Jake Kava
    Jake Kubas
    Jalen Sundell
    Tony Pierce
    Jacob Streit (not sure if he can come back or not because he is a 6th year guy counting his time at Northern but he missed the 2019 season due to injury)

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2022 Senior Day

From Izzo -

From what I’ve been told Jayden Price, Julian Wlodarczyk, Jalen Sundell, Zach Mathis, Kobe Johnson, Jake Kava, Jake Kubas and Tony Pierce will return for an extra year for #NDSU.

and those graduating -

These are the ten I know of: Dawson Weber, Destin Talbert, Michael Tutsie, James Kaczor, Hunter Luepke, Nash Jensen, Cody Mauch, Luke LaCilento, Noah Gindorff and Spencer Waege.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    From Izzo -

From what I’ve been told Jayden Price, Julian Wlodarczyk, Jalen Sundell, Zach Mathis, Kobe Johnson, Jake Kava, Jake Kubas and Tony Pierce will return for an extra year for #NDSU.

and those graduating -

These are the ten I know of: Dawson Weber, Destin Talbert, Michael Tutsie, James Kaczor, Hunter Luepke, Nash Jensen, Cody Mauch, Luke LaCilento, Noah Gindorff and Spencer Waege.
    Well that's 8 of the 9 who are staying then. The others are TaMerik Williams, Luke Waters, and Jacob Streit. Apparently 2 of them are going through for Senior Day... I hope it's Williams as the one who's planning to come back although I'm guessing it's Streit since it says in his bio he came in last spring with 2 years of eligibility remaining.

A couple surprises on the senior list

Congrats to them on the graduation!

Jeff Kolpack
    @KolpackInForum
    ·52m

Bison running back Jalen Bussey and cornerback Anthony Coleman are juniors but are graduating and will be introduced as seniors Saturday on Senior Day.
    If Bussey doesn’t return, then I am especially glad Kobe Johnson is returning.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-15-2022 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    A couple surprises on the senior list

Congrats to them on the graduation!

If Bussey doesn’t return, then I am especially glad Kobey Johnson is returning.
    I would also guess that means TaMerik Williams is coming back next year since Entz said there would be 12 players participating in Senior Day and there are 10 known guys as per Jay's post above.

Word on the street is saying Luepke injury is bad and don't plan on seeing him again this year. Bad enough he's going to have tough decisions on weather to still take a shot on NFL vs coming back.

The 7 guys on offense participating in Senior Day confirmed by Coach Roehl: https://twitter.com/Coach_Roehl/stat...32794240958464

Jalen Bussey
    TaMerik Williams
    Hunter Leupke
    Nash Jensen
    Cody Mauch
    Luke LaCilento
    Noah Gindorff

Looks like there's at least 13 guys doing the Senior Day thing then since there are 6 known defensive guys mentioned earlier in the thread including Anthony Coleman.

I wanna see some intensity out of this Senior group today and playoffs. I haven't seen it yet except 1st half of Arizona/SDSU game
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I wanna see some intensity out of this Senior group today and playoffs. I haven't seen it yet except 1st half of Arizona/SDSU game
    This game is too small timey for all those Minnesota Seniors with FBS offers....
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our running back room could be thin next year. I always liked bussey and I think he should have been used more than he was especially on third downs. And tamerick has been really good as well and should have received more snaps especially lately. The real confusing one was when he had a fantastic game and then didn’t get a carry the next game.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.