Carlson of UM beats Howes 7-0 at 165
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison open 2022

Habisch with a 16-0 TF will go for third

Morgan will face Habisch for third after 4-3 sv Dec over Fettig from sdsu. Bismarck native

Incredibly disappointing results for Parker today

Parker loses TB 5-4 to Rogotzke of SDSU. Tough loss. Match he should have won easily.

Mooberry wins 9-3. Will face gophers gable Nagel for third

Gotta go. Feel free to take over.

I wasn't at the Bison Open, so all I can go by is from the results and what I heard from people that were there.
    125- Nice to see Negrete beat Jordan, who he lost to last year. Would've been nice to see him beat Spratley, but oh well. Henningson's results are troubling.
    133- Really nice win for Midkiff over NCAA qualifier Gliva of MN. Nagao is coming off a U23 World 5th place finish, so no shame in that loss. Nice win for Barretto over Eisch and sounded like he was right with Gliva. A true freshman being right with a veteran NCAA qualifier in his first action is great to see. He was also the most competitive vs Nagao.
    141- Drexler is going to be good and he's the freshman I'm most excited about.
    149- Schumm placed the highest and beat Weber, although March had the most impressive results. I'd go with Schumm as the starter and redshirt March this year and save him for a couple duals. I think Schumm can be a quality starter and would give us a 5th starter from the 2021 class already. Weber was fine. March beat former NCAA qualifier Polanco twice and also had an impressive win over Brenner (who Weber and Schumm also beat). Peterson lost some close ones and Radenz got pinned in one he was winning late. This weight still doesn't seem settled, but I would think Schumm draws the next start, with March #2, and Weber #3 on the depth chart.
    157- Nice job by Johnson in his first action to make the finals. If he can maintain 157 long term, he should be able to capably take over for Franek when he leaves. Nice to see Gode beat Stapleton.
    165- Caliendo waxed Carlson and then hung on vs Sparks. I heard he gassed vs Sparks, which is concerning, but he did build a big lead and get 3 takedowns and a riding time point. I'm not worried about his endurance and think there is AA upside here, this year even.
    174- Sax sure looks like he's the guy. Still didn't score much from neutral but he was right with Krattiger. Habisch isn't much of, if any, drop off from Sax.
    184- Most disappointing results of the day for me. Foy was an NCAA qualifier last year and made the U23 world team this summer, so I can understand that loss. Rogotzke is a big time recruit so I shouldn't be upset with this loss, but I am. DJ should beat both of those guys and didn't beat either. Then he MFF the 5th place too. If he's hurt, that sucks and I can understand not wrestling, but I would've liked to see him go out there, pick up another D1 win, get some confidence back, and crush the SDSU guy.
    197- 2nd most disappointing results of the day for me. I heard he got dominated in the finals and looked gassed. He didn't look great vs Nebraska either, so hoping he gets things together ASAP. He could drop out of the rankings altogether.
    HWT- Nice to see him beat 3 SDSU backups, but where is the offense? How is he going to score vs decent opponents? He's a grinder and is in pretty good shape, but he isn't a good enough rider to be banking on winning in rideouts vs ok backups. He didn't show much offense at all last year, did nothing the first 2 periods vs Nebraska, and struggled to score vs SDSU's top 2 backups. He's 4-0, which is great, but he needs to be more aggressive and figure out how he's going to score. Right now, I don't see him qualifying for NCAAs this year.

Overall, it seemed our depth matched up well with Minnesota's depth, which usually isn't the case. They should dominate Binghampton this weekend and I'd love to see pretty much everyone wrestle at the Dak.