Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NDSU v Pacific

Default Re: NDSU v Pacific

Everytime they cut to the bench after a timeout and Richman was chewing a player out they had to cut away fast. But what I saw and have seen before was totally uncalled for. Richman is a hot head and you wonder why he can't retain players. I believe that's why the players didn't come back this year. His horrible offense can't create points so blame the players. I get players need to sometimes need to hollered at, but the way Richman goes at it they literally look frightened. He needs to go and I have said that for years.

No postgame presser up either. Program and HC DR in panic mode already as they should be.

shot 46% FG overall & 50% from 3 is actually not bad.
    Defense was orange cones.
    Let's see how Indiana St game goes
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I didn't watch game luckily but looking at stats paints a bad picture for our team winning much this season. (watched USD girls beat a bad Bradley team - Demers solid game too bad we missed her).

We won the rebound margin 40 to 26 (+14) and we shot 12/24 from 3 (50%) vs 6/17 for them (+18 points) and still lost. It is going take most of the preseason for us to determine our identity.

If Broden, Waddles, Yoder go 2/14 combined, we will lose most games....all 3 of them have a hard time creating separation or/and creating own shot from what I have seen this year. Miller and Wheel may need more playing time as they can create for others. Lakes you should be happy we are runnin and gunning...no defense!

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    I am not a basketball guy, but think I'm a pretty good judje of athleticism. First off I disagree that Yoder can't play at this level. He handled and distributed the ball well and hustled his ass off. From what I saw he didn't have a lot of turnovers and the pass he made to Nelson between two defenders was fantastic. I think some are getting way to caught up in the fact he came from a divison 3 team. Secondly, if that team is not ranked higher than 298th in the nation, there are some awfully good teams ahead of them. As far as the rest of the freshman, I see a lot of athleticism and was blown away by Haistriters (?) shooting and composure. Richman needs to keep his temper in check. Yelling at these kid's is no way to teach them. That's my two cent's worth.
    Yoder hustled, yes, but he also got blown by numerous times allowing super easy looks. He also fouled out mainly because he couldn't stay in good position on defense when his guy attacked. Offensively, he did absolutely nothing to stress the defense, which is what I want from a PG. You don't have to score 25 points or have 10 assists, but if your PG can draw the gravity of the defense to them, it should lead to easy looks, and he hasn't shown that. He couldn't attack the rim, wasn't a threatening shooter, and he turned it over 3 times. I hope his play improves, but through 3 games, he doesn't look like a D1 player, and certainly not like a starting D1 PG.

NDSU_grad is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Yoder hustled, yes, but he also got blown by numerous times allowing super easy looks. He also fouled out mainly because he couldn't stay in good position on defense when his guy attacked. Offensively, he did absolutely nothing to stress the defense, which is what I want from a PG. You don't have to score 25 points or have 10 assists, but if your PG can draw the gravity of the defense to them, it should lead to easy looks, and he hasn't shown that. He couldn't attack the rim, wasn't a threatening shooter, and he turned it over 3 times. I hope his play improves, but through 3 games, he doesn't look like a D1 player, and certainly not like a starting D1 PG.
    I saw exactly what you did. He couldn’t stay in front of his guy, leading to a lot of fouls. Can’t create anything for himself on the offensive end. In other words, is exactly what you’d expect from a kid moving up from D3.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yesterday was tough, had zero intensity to start the game and by time we turned it on it was too late. We need to get Wheeler-Thomas on the floor for defense but despite playing well against Kansas he played awful on offense yesterday, he will improve and help. Miller and Hastreiter were the bright spots, Hastreiter definitely has some work to do defensively but I think he'll get there. Pacific came in at #298 because they were awful last year and only had one game against Stanford this year and lost but only lost by 10. They have 11 new players with 4 P5 transfers and they'll finish the season significantly higher than #298 but still a game we shoulda won. For whatever reason this team does not seem to be locked it and ready to dominate from the beginning, they've started slow in all 4 games. Dave better figure that part out, we have the talent but it seems like pure lack of effort and focus at this point. 2nd half was significantly better and the team finally showed some emotion but we need it for 40 minutes a game or it's gonna be a long season.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yesterday was tough, had zero intensity to start the game and by time we turned it on it was too late. We need to get Wheeler-Thomas on the floor for defense but despite playing well against Kansas he played awful on offense yesterday, he will improve and help. Miller and Hastreiter were the bright spots, Hastreiter definitely has some work to do defensively but I think he'll get there. Pacific came in at #298 because they were awful last year and only had one game against Stanford this year and lost but only lost by 10. They have 11 new players with 4 P5 transfers and they'll finish the season significantly higher than #298 but still a game we shoulda won. For whatever reason this team does not seem to be locked it and ready to dominate from the beginning, they've started slow in all 4 games. Dave better figure that part out, we have the talent but it seems like pure lack of effort and focus at this point. 2nd half was significantly better and the team finally showed some emotion but we need it for 40 minutes a game or it's gonna be a long season.
    Dave's on track to have these guys overthinking the game out of fear of being yelled at and/or benched. We play tight, afraid and soft way too much instead of playing loose and tough. Mistakes are going to happen with young guys but eventually Dave needs to look in the mirror to see the source of some of the mistakes.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Richman needs to find talent in the portal instead he finds lower division guys that don't have the talent to play in DI. We are basically relying on freshmen, going to be a long season.
    Besides Vinnie---he has a VERY POOR RECORD in the Portal-----its almost complete WHIFFS

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    we lost to the 298 ranked team. Let that sink in.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    at home.......