Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ #5 Kansas

Default Re: NDSU @ #5 Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    This. We are a team with 8 new players, two of whom just got back to practice before the season started and we are on the back end of a 6 day road trip against the defending national champions. Was this a great showing, absolutely not but I refuse to be concerned unless we lay an egg against Pacific on Sunday. 23 points covers the spread even.
    Kansas had 3 true freshman in the game at once and they dominated our starters

I will give you the 6 day road trip though. Thats a fair point

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Yeah, fire him unless he gets to the sweet 16 every year. That should be easy to do, come on! Seriously. Just stop
    Where did I ever say he was going to be fired? I have accepted defeat, no point in me getting upset anymore or calling for his head. I have embraced the mediocrity just like you have, Dave has a lifetime deal with the expectations this program has. No sense in me expecting much more than a Summit title every once and a while, it will just have me frustrated and life is much too short for that. Dave has literally drained most of the passion I have for NDSU basketball away from me, I lived and died with this program at one point but now there is no point to that.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    Just pointing out the obvious. My feelings are not hurt, just tired of all the bitching. Not just from you, but from everyone. This is one of the top teams in the nation. Their players are some of the best in the nation. They are quicker and more athletic and they shoot the ball better. Would I like to see us play better ? Yes I would. But it is what it is.
    If you’re tired of all the bitching, then YOU should find another team. Because the one you support is entirely deserving of the bitching—especially with respect to the coach.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Preach

This team is gonna struggle to score all year. I just wish we had more patience in getting ball to Grant and Morgan--FR guards gotta realize who the best players are on the team
    It is just the never ending of cycle of either getting talent and not hanging onto to it or not developing it properly or not supplementing it with the right mix of players to really be great. We are always missing something. This program is perpetually young, it is perpetually retooling...We reside on a treadmill of being average or maybe a bit above average.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Six pages for a big top 5 opponent is embarrassing if NDSU really wants to move up to the MWC. Why does no one care about BB when they are playing one of the best teams in the country? This game should be as big as the football team FBS games but nope…. We need to start focusing on BB!
    This is a terrible take. Everyone on planet earth that knows anything about Dave's program knew we were going to get lose tonight. Its hard to get excited to play the 85 bears when your the "soft" Morehead spuds.

A good number of NDSU football fans are bandwagoners who are there just for the winning. The actual basketball fan community is a much small group. There is a dedicated core group of people there, but it is much smaller and doesn't benefit from all the less committed tag alongers that football has.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This is a terrible take. Everyone on planet earth that knows anything about Dave's program knew we were going to get lose tonight. Its hard to get excited to play the 85 bears when your the "soft" Morehead spuds.
    11 on 5. There's your problem right there eh. No wonder they lost.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

They use football analogies in bouncing ball threads eh.

Lardsin must go!

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You realize there is a wide expanse between finishing 2nd in the summit and making a sweet 16, right? I don’t think it’s too much to ask for our BB team to be capable of more than they’ve shown under Dave.
    Until NDSU invests more in the basketball program it doesn’t matter who the coach is. Richman’s results are pretty much identical to Saul’s.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Why? NDSU has no basketball history in men, it was a below average Division 2 program in a below average conference at best in its entire D2 existence, its in a very poor recruiting location geographically, the athletic department has never show more of a mid conference commitment in terms of money and resources, and it is a distant 2nd to the football program. Explain again why all of a sudden in this day and age the NDSU men's basketball team should have "higher expectations". NDSU in
    You're right. This is all we are and all we ever can hope to become. No sense aspiring to more. We are a state flagship university in an underpopulated state. I get there is a ceiling to what we can aspire to but I just don't agree that the ceiling is a Summit Championship.