Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Can't stand the Griz but I'm pulling for em to beat the Cats.
    Amen to this, mt.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Misleading 67% (2 of 3). And the one incompletion was intercepted so all 4 of his passes were caught.

Only 5 accepted penalties this week but a couple were big and bad timing again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Misleading stats was sorta my point. I still have no problem sticking to the dominating run game in bad weather against a cupcake. Someone on AGS pointed out that Fordham is statistically has the best offense in the FCS.

For the seed discussion, if the top 4 are 2 Big Sky and Valley teams, I have absolutely no doubt they'll pair us 1/4 and 2/3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    No way big sky gets 1 over mvfc
    Is SDSU likely better then Sac St? Yes, but put yourself in the committee. Undefeated team including a trashing of a Mountain West team versus a team who lost only to Iowa. Sagarin even has Sac St. higher. If I'm on the committee, I probably give it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Misleading stats was sorta my point. I still have no problem sticking to the dominating run game in bad weather against a cupcake. Someone on AGS pointed out that Fordham is statistically has the best offense in the FCS.

For the seed discussion, if the top 4 are 2 Big Sky and Valley teams, I have absolutely no doubt they'll pair us 1/4 and 2/3.
    They have always done it this way, at least in recent history. Pairing the two sky teams and two valley teams so that they play each other in the semis; My Gawd, they can't have two teams from one conference in Frisco ever again for heaven's sake. It would make the other FCS conferences look like dogshit, which of course they are.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I could care less what seed we get or where we get sent. FCS is weak and if beating any of these teams on their turf is so terrifying then who cares about Frisco. I just want to see us close out the regular season seeing us play dominating football both sides of the ball. We hit the playoffs in that higher gear we have seen over the years, then I like our chances against anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post

The notion that the committee has an axe to grind against NDSU or the MVFC is a really tired one that gets brought up year after year and makes us look like insecure whiners due to the fact that they mix up the MVFC teams (and NDSU and SDSU) just as often as they pair them together. Since 2012 NDSU and SDSU have made the playoffs each year and been on the same side of the bracket 5 times and the opposite side of the bracket 5 times. In that same timeframe there have been 6 years where the MVFC has had multiple teams seeded - 3 times they were on the same side (NDSU/SDSU in 2016 and 2018 and NDSU/Illinois St in 2015) and 3 times they weren't (NDSU/SDSU in 2017 and 2019 and NDSU/Illinois St in 2014).

Everyone and their grandmas remember SDSU being podded with NDSU 3 times in 4 years from 2012-2015 and the committee loading up one side of the bracket with all the MVFC teams in 2015 the year after an all-MVFC final but many seem to forget the years that this doesn't happen.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Miller threw for 12 yards bro that’s all u need to know.
    In bad weather he has to throw for at least 3 more yards to QB this team:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/400951054

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    GONNELLA 34 CARRIES 348 YARDS

10+ YARDS PER CARRY. give him more AND a screen pass
    Gonnella's stats are meaningless. The issue with Gonnella is that he can't get you the tough yard when you need it and he fumbles. Marshall has always shown that he runs tougher than Gonnella and he doesn't fumble. Gonnella has had plenty of opportunities to prove that he can be the man and he hasn't seized the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Gonnella's stats are meaningless. The issue with Gonnella is that he can't get you the tough yard when you need it and he fumbles. Marshall has always shown that he runs tougher than Gonnella and he doesn't fumble. Gonnella has had plenty of opportunities to prove that he can be the man and he hasn't seized the moment.
    Pretty much, he's a decent back but doesn't stand out from the crowd. Like you say even TK flashes more.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Is SDSU likely better then Sac St? Yes, but put yourself in the committee. Undefeated team including a trashing of a Mountain West team versus a team who lost only to Iowa. Sagarin even has Sac St. higher. If I'm on the committee, I probably give it to them.
    I think its pretty clear Sac st should be 1 if they win out

Sac St
    One fbs win
    Wins over current #5, 15 and 16
    Beat UNI by 16 and UC Davis by TBD

SDSU
    one fbs loss
    Wins over current #4 and 21
    Beat UNI by 3 and UC Davis by 2

It’s really hard to make a case for SDSU to be #1 looking at a comparison, especially if Sac St beats UCD by a fair margin.