Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: NDSU v #10 Arkansas

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU v #10 Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think the best way to do it, if you want to try to go back a forth, is to just randomly call it a few isolated times going down the floor after a made hoop or FT and see if you can catch the other team knapping, not picking up on the change quickly. Then, you go right back to man the next time. Just don't do it often.
    Yeah and that's typically what we did last year the few times, just threw it at them to catch them off guard but it wasn't very effective, usually ended in a wide open shot and even if they missed we struggled to rebound out of it which is another downside of zone. I'm not opposed to giving it a shot here and there but it has to be practiced first and with a lot of new guys still learning how to play man to man D at this level it's likely not at the top of the priority list.

steelbison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU v #10 Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    We tried zone some last year and usually got torched in it. Zone is tough unless you play it a lot because if you’re not used to all of the rotations and guys knowing what they are doing in multiple spots it’s not going to work. There’s a reason why you don’t see many teams go back and forth often, you’re either a man to man team or a zone team…very difficult to be good at both.
    Total BS. Could not disagree more. If you practice at all a 2-3 zone isnt difficult to run. Perfect time to use it against a team that appears to be an awful 3 point shooting team and was schooling our slower guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by steelbison; 11-10-2022 at 06:24 PM.