Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Illinois preview

Default Re: Western Illinois preview

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Pretty sure it'll be an MVFC production... not that it's much better but it'll at least be better than John Michael Kenny Wayne Powers Shepherd and Handsome Marvin Ransome.
    You are so kind, Chaos. EC8CH brain has gotten moldy; okay to call him out and be meaner; it recalibrates him.

For all who don't know, if it is "exclusive" ESPN+, pretty much means it is a MVFC produced game.

I might save a few bucks and just listen on the radio for this game.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    We should run for 800 yards in the game.
    WIU if smart will put 8-9 in the box the entire game & take their chances
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    WIU if smart will put 8-9 in the box the entire game & take their chances
    Then Zach Mathis should have 7 touchdown receptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    You assume Roehl will leave his usual game plan of run, run, run for the wiser move to increase the amount of short and medium passes. Seems Roehl has real difficulty seeing what is happening on the field (a real detriment to the coaching position he commands). In summary, both Entz and Roehl have an embarassment of riches to work with at an elite program like NDSU and they tend to squander it.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    You assume Roehl will leave his usual game plan of run, run, run for the wiser move to increase the amount of short and medium passes. Seems Roehl has real difficulty seeing what is happening on the field (a real detriment to the coaching position he commands). In summary, both Entz and Roehl have an embarassment of riches to work with at an elite program like NDSU and they tend to squander it.
    I’m reluctantly starting to agree with your dumbass. It’s like they go full stupid preparing for all opponents rather than taking what they have right in front of them.

By analogy, it’s like Tranny in his TransAm racing me in my 1500 Dodge Ram with 330k miles on clock and an engine about to blow. He could likely get beat because he can’t let his team/vehicle go. Let it I go Tranny, let …. It … go (shaking my head).
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

You are correct, I am assuming that Roehl, or Cam on an audible, would make the adjustment and throw it to a wide open, 6-6 WR. Of course, we all know that the first offensive play will be Gonnella up the gut for no gain and a possible fumble. If he doesn't fumble and we retain possession, the second play will be long developing out route to a 5-9 receiver and Cam will either get sacked after running backward 13 yards, and possibly fumbling, or he'll hit his receiver 3 yards out of bounds. Third play, Luepke will save our ass and get a first down.

I'm not sure we can say squander it until they actually fail this year, which I do believe anything less than a championship is a failure. Entz's record should they win the Natty will be 50-6 with 3 National championships and a Covid year in his first 4 years. Klieman was 54-6 with 3 Nattys in his first 4 years without a covid shortened year. Pretty comparable. Also the covid year they lost a 3rd overall NFL pick at quarterback who left with 3 more years of eligibility. Does anyone think they lose that spring if Trey Lance is under center??? Trey leaving flipped the script on how we recruit and develop the Quarterback position, ie the Quincy Patterson experience. Cam was forced to start as a true freshman in playoff games. Something we have never asked a Quarterback to do during this title run. Not Brock, not, Carson, not Easton, not Trey. Just for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    If miller can get him the ball! I'm have not been impressed with cm ability in the air game. I guess have been spoiled over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    If miller can get him the ball! I'm have not been impressed with cm ability in the air game. I guess have been spoiled over the years.
    Cam is 18th in the nation in passing efficiency - without a proven tight end and everyone knows about the question marks at WR.

Last year he would've had the 2nd highest passing efficiency rating in the country if he would've qualified. (even more impressive considering that last year his stats were against conference and playoffs only - he got no cupcake games to rack up the stats).

I'm just confused about how people think Cam is a problem at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*