Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Illinois preview

Default Western Illinois preview

Western is bad. They rushed for 14 yards against Missouri State and converted 1 of 11 3rd downs. Granted, a ton of WIU's roster was inactive/unavailable. I still haven't seen a reason for the limited roster.

This should be a business like effort from the Bison. No excuses for a flat effort. The environment will suck and Dom and Kyle will probably be calliing the game while sitting in the bleachers.

Who will start at right tackle? When will WIU go non-scolly and leave the conference? Can we create our own energy and improve on last week? We should be playing mostly 2nd stringers the entire 2nd half.
    Discuss.
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 11-01-2022 at 04:06 PM.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Default Re: Western Illinois preview

Leathernecks have been consistently bad since 2019. This game has no value to us other than rest the team a bit, which might not be a good timing either. It's time to pump up and kick some bunnies' a**es in the playoffs.

57 players were inactive last week. Anyone know why?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Who knows and who cares. If the WIU athletics department disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't figure it out until some time in 2026

I just went to their FB page. Sad sad sad
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Play entire 2nd team.
    Not kidding
    dont let anyone get hurt
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

if this game is at all close I give up

In Dom and Jeff's preview they gave some of WIU's FCS rankings- they were around 120th in 3 categories. Out of 123 FCS teams. They didn't comment on why so many were inactive last week so I guess it's a mystery.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    This is a good question and hope we get an answer this week. If it happens again, I don't care how crazy the line for the game is, NDSU may be a safe bet. I would have bet Misery St. if I knew this.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Western is bad. They rushed for 14 yards against Missouri State and converted 1 of 11 3rd downs. Granted, a ton of WIU's roster was inactive/unavailable. I still haven't seen a reason for the limited roster.

This should be a business like effort from the Bison. No excuses for a flat effort. The environment will suck and you should be able to hear Dom and Kyle's play call even if you turn the volume off on your TV because they'll be sitting in the bleachers.

Who will start at right tackle? When will WIU go non-scolly and leave the conference? Can we create our own energy and improve on last week? We should be playing mostly 2nd stringers the entire 2nd half.
    Discuss.
    I don’t know why you’re so down on WIU. It is enough that they are not CUSA. They are part of the infinitely better MVFC. All of us here and the 20 WIU fans who show up (mostly parents of players) know that this game is exciting and we should just be happy that we had the wisdom not to join CUSA—otherwise we’d be missing out on these awesome MVFC games week in and week out.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I don’t know why you’re so down on WIU. It is enough that they are not CUSA. They are part of the infinitely better MVFC. All of us here and the 20 WIU fans who show up (mostly parents of players) know that this game is exciting and we should just be happy that we had the wisdom not to join CUSA—otherwise we’d be missing out on these awesome MVFC games week in and week out.
    this and Indiana State and South Dakota this year WONT REACH 10,000 fans for 3 games. PUD
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?