Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

It’s pretty simple! Our defense is giving up 157 ypg rushing, the most since 2010. Our championships teams averaged around 100 ypg. We won Natty’s with average offensive teams but our defense was stellar. Can this be fixed? Im not sure with our front seven personnel.

Sure, we have other issues, penalties….coaching, offensive play calling etc. but not being able to stop the run is our biggest problem. Our defense is not championship caliber. I won’t be surprised if we have another L during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Two times in one game is not over and over or excessive. When A gap power is working people jump on the wagon saying do it again until they stop us.
    I despise Bill Belichick. He is a cheater and downright fiendish low life; but he isn't stupid. He is singularly and uniquely astute as a game manager. From kickoff to the final whistle he has always been about exploiting defenses and making adjustments to his own defense. You take what the defense is giving you. It doesn't matter what the score is or what time of the game it is, you always go with the odds. You call the plays that will have the most chance of success based on the defense. All game long,every game, year after year.

Tom Brady became the GOAT by reading defenses. He did it with his eyes and his brain.
    Brady doesn't have great arm strength. I could list a 100 QB's off the top of my head with better arms.
    Brady is a real lousy athlete,always was.
    He isn't fast,quick, or even agile.
    He was successful because he recognized what the defense was doing. He identified blitzers. He knew where his recievers were without looking directly at them.

We were beating the Jacks in the beginning because we were taking what they were giving and exploiting their weaknesses. Then, I guess that became too uncomfortable for Tyler and he went back to trying to run into stacked boxes on 1st and 2nd down and then trying to win against an enhanced secondary on 3rd and long. Stupidity

I watched that missed fumble recovery over and over again. It was just so weird. Did he say anything after the game? Did anyone else analyze that play and have an opinion? I don't recall ever seeing anything quite like that.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I watched that missed fumble recovery over and over again. It was just so weird. Did he say anything after the game? Did anyone else analyze that play and have an opinion? I don't recall ever seeing anything quite like that.
    He didn't cover up and secure the ball. Just flopped on it and the jack reached in and pulled it out. What's so weird about it?

Lardsin must go!

Default SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Covering fumbles rather than trying to pick ball up/catch it is best practice, especially in this particular situation. Coaching?

He jumped right on it, I guess it came out, somehow. Unfortunate. I guess he could have come down beside the ball and cradle it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post

He jumped right on it, I guess it came out, somehow. Unfortunate.

Fetal position ball in the gut? No he flopped on it. Had it been reviewed you might have made the case he was down but guess what? That sdsu linemen wanted it a little more and made a play. Seemed to happen more then once yesterday.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Fetal position ball in the gut? No he flopped on it. Had it been reviewed you might have made the case he was down but guess what? That sdsu linemen wanted it a little more and made a play. Seemed to happen more then once yesterday.
    RS Freshman. A learning moment?

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t understand all of the negative comments here after this game. The writing was on the wall after the Arizona game and quite frankly far earlier against the inferiors. The team is clearly not up to typical Bison standards. This is no revelation after SDSU, just continuation of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    That pic was way after he tried to pick it up with his hands while ball was bouncing a bit. He was on his knees when he tried that. Not the way to properly secure a fumbled ball when that’s the only option, meaning he wasn’t trying to pick it up and run. We use to practice fumble recovery ever so often, and randomly during practice. Maybe a 5 min. segment, and it helped.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    I don’t understand all of the negative comments here after this game. The writing was on the wall after the Arizona game and quite frankly far earlier against the inferiors. The team is clearly not up to typical Bison standards. This is no revelation after SDSU, just continuation of the same.
    Was hoping for improvement. Haven't seen much in run D, offensive consistency, or penalties unfortunately.