Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs SDSU

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    I can't get my arms around Williams going off the week before and only getting 1 carry Saturday. We have a formidable 1-2 punch with Luepke and Williams and don't seem to have any interest in developing it. Someone help me understand this.
    I agree completely. Williams should be getting ball 10 times or more.

Also, and maybe we have a youn one or two on our roster, but we need more dynamic RBs. SDSU has 3 that played.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Also, and maybe we have a youn one or two on our roster, but we need more dynamic RBs. SDSU has 3 that played.
    A number of us were mumbling this all game long why he wasn't getting some chances. He came in for numerous plays all of which were play action plays. It showed last week he is healthy and looked really good and I think we was the fourth one in behind Gonella and TK. Seems really weird. Maybe he questioned Roehls play calling in the second half of the Arizona game.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Couldn’t agree more. Will also add we need more dynamic LBs as well. I don’t see them currently. Also. Maybe it’s time to bench Weber and play #10. He had several missed tackles Saturday and it has been an issue all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    So only “good enough” players get latitude. Got it.
    Not from a rules standpoint. But you can at least understand people being kind of full of themselves or selfish when they’re exceptional. No offense to Miller, but that’s not the case here. He's got talent for sure. But he's not a superstar. At least not yet. Perhaps he can get there by the end his senior year if he knocks out this crap and focuses on the next play being as good or better than the last. I sense this team believes that all the previous years' press clippings apply to them. What's needed is less celebration and more execution. More focus. More fundamentals. Passing, check downs, tackling, special teams, etc. They're losing to very beatable teams. I'm guessing the coaches are telling them that. I hope so.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 10-18-2022 at 10:21 PM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

In 2nd half.

16 of 21 players were from shot gun.

I am not sure when we became a shot gun team....We need to get back under center so we can run play action.

Plays in 2nd half
    1 shot gun
    2 under center
    3 shot gun
    4 Shot gun
    5 Under center
    6 under center
    7 under center
    8 shot gun
    9 shot gun
    10 shot gun
    11 under center
    12 shot gun
    13 shot gun
    14 shot gun
    15 Shot gun
    16 Shot gun
    17 Shot gun
    18 shot gun
    19 shot gun
    20 shot gun
    21 shot gun

Here is one good picture of why we couldn't run the ball effectively.

All 11 SDSU defenders within 7 yards of the ball on a 1st and 10 in 3rd quarter with 3 minutes to go.

NDSU.jpg