Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU/SDSU 2022 Rivalry Week!!

Default NDSU/SDSU 2022 Rivalry Week!!

Its Monday, Its Rivalry Week, Lets get that Dakota Marker!!

We haven't played a complete game yet, that ends on saturday!!

#1 vs #2 and a pathway to the #1 FCS playoff seed.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: NDSU/SDSU 2022 Rivalry Week!!

From the looks of the ISUb game, Bison have been preparing for this game for 2 weeks lol. Sold out crowd better be electric atmosphere, for the first time in a long time.

Gotta say though, SDSU is good at the exact thing we suck at right now- running the ball. We will not win this game if we let Isaiah Davis do whatever he wants back there, and theyll have their 20-30 trick plays they'll inevitably use, too. If last week is any indication, SDSU wins by 7+. But I dont think last week is an indication, but its hard to ignore the mental errors of the last 5 weeks and poor run defense and tackling. Who knows.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Yearly reminder that rabbits are disgusting creatures that eat their own poop.

This is easy: We have to tackle better and win the turnover and penalty stats to have a chance. Somebody on defense actually catching an interception would help immensely. Although the Bunnies may not have to pass if our run defense doesn't improve.

If we play like we have all season, we lose.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I'm oddly conflicted about how this game will go... my head is telling me the Bison defense will be completely outmatched by the combination of Isaiah Davis and Mark Gronowski running the ball. It's telling me there's very little chance the Bison win this game unless SDSU makes some mistakes.

My gut isn't so sure... the Bison are playing their biggest rival (I remember the plexiglass window of the SDSU coaches boxes getting punched out after they secured the win in the Fargodome during that yucky spring 2021 season) and all week there's going to be noise about SDSU bringing that marker up and taking it right back down with them because "the Bison just don't have it this year especially on defense". The cards being stacked like this against the home team in the Fargodome is something that hasn't happened in a decade plus probably (at least in a normal fall season). I could see that feeling being oddly satisfying for this Bison team liberating them to play loose and a little bit angry.

Right now my head says SDSU by 7-10 points (defense travels and SDSU might have the best defense in the FCS) but as the week goes on I suspect my gut will overrule my head.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t see the Bison losing at home. Too much talent and too much tradition. Gameday thread will look different this week.

Bison by 13 and it’s not really that close.

Mrs. Hammerhead and I will be making noise in the south end zone. I still can't believe we were able to get tickets in row C during the Team Makers presale for single-game tickets when every other year the best seats were in row AA or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    From the looks of the ISUb game, Bison have been preparing for this game for 2 weeks lol. Sold out crowd better be electric atmosphere, for the first time in a long time.

Gotta say though, SDSU is good at the exact thing we suck at right now- running the ball. We will not win this game if we let Isaiah Davis do whatever he wants back there, and theyll have their 20-30 trick plays they'll inevitably use, too. If last week is any indication, SDSU wins by 7+. But I dont think last week is an indication, but its hard to ignore the mental errors of the last 5 weeks and poor run defense and tackling. Who knows.
    It's OK to not be OK.

This week is time to feature Luepke and Williams in the backfield with a handful of change of pace runs for Johnson or Marshall (whoever is healthier). Would have loved to see Payton given the chance to develop his role further at this point as we need a fully utilized dual threat QB to be available. Defense needs to play their best game of the year and rally to the ball. And for all that is good and holy, cut out the friggin' penalties and catch and interception when it hits you in both hands!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cam will have a big game.
    Insert something clever here...

1 freakin screen pass to a RB would crush sdsus linebackers
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?