Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU/SDSU 2022 Rivalry Week!!

Default Re: NDSU/SDSU 2022 Rivalry Week!!

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    If I trust my eyes and not my heart, I'd pick SDSU by 2 scores. Their defense > our defense and offenses might be a push. Penalties, turnovers and special teams will decide the game.
    I am exactly in line with this thinking. Similar offenses but they are getting their stud TE back this week I think and their defense is far better than us. Normally would say they are a 14 point favorite. Give our homefield advantage a -3 benefit and I still think we lose by double digits. Don't consider it a death blow for the season but we need to drastically improve to be title contenders. They don't.

A lot can change with a lot of season left.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Isn’t UND next weekend?
    You're thinking of the Red Birds, not the peace doves.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Its funny that there's all this talk about moving to the FBS but then when a formidable FCS team comes up on the schedule a whole heap of folks predict a double digit loss.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Its funny that there's all this talk about moving to the FBS but then when a formidable FCS team comes up on the schedule a whole heap of folks predict a double digit loss.
    Find it somewhat ironic myself. By the way, I'm neither pro nor con on the whole FBS thing. I trust the folks in charge to make the right decision for the university.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The same team that gave up 3 points to a big ten school? Maybe you are a homer? But their defense is a lot better than ours. Offense is a push. My question is if we can’t stop average teams from running on us. How the hell are we going to stop SDSU? Also do you have confidence in our OC to come up with a game plan that doesn’t include 20 runs up the middle. Because last year when we played them we were running the ball down double digits and getting 2-4 yards a carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    The same team that gave up 3 points to a big ten school? Maybe you are a homer? But their defense is a lot better than ours. Offense is a push. My question is if we can’t stop average teams from running on us. How the hell are we going to stop SDSU? Also do you have confidence in our OC to come up with a game plan that doesn’t include 20 runs up the middle. Because last year when we played them we were running the ball down double digits and getting 2-4 yards a carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iowa's offense is a dumpster fire.

However, I'm not critiquing people for predicting a Bison loss. Any logical fan can conclude the Bison are in for a dogfight. My statement is more towards the crew that is constantly hollering about playing pud teams and that we need to move up, but then when a good team shows up they start predicting a big loss.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Well, in this case if we're moving up they would/should be as well. Little brother is really our only "peer" outside of Montana at this point now that JMU and Jacksonville State (FL) are gone.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Okay, Bisonville regulars: now you're just trying to screw around with the Jacks fans. Deep down, none of you think your team will lose. The give-away? I just read a post in which the word "formidable" was used in reference to the game. Now I know that less than one percent of the posters in this thread know what formidable means and fewer than that could have spelled it without using a dictionary. So, Nice try.

We know the Bison will be ready to play. So will the Jacks. This game has the potential to be a great football game. Both teams have their strengths along with a few week spots but overall, both teams know how to win and want to win. The '22 version of the Bison may not be the best Bison team but I don't doubt it is good enough to win at Frisco again. You've been keeping an eye on the Jacks and we'll come into the game as underdogs in many minds -- but our team, just like the Bison, will come in convinced they can win.

The Bison are going to run into a defense that at times is a machine. Our defense is smart, well-coached, experienced, deep, and makes few mistakes. I think your quarterback will be hurried-up and harassed a great deal of the time. Your offensive line has its work cut out -- I don't doubt your line can rise to the occasion but I think they're going to take a pounding all afternoon. Your O-line is going to find our four-man front is quicker than they look on video. We're very deep at linebacker and the leader of the linebacking group, Adam Bock -- in terms of effectiveness and generally raising hell with any Bison who dares to enter Bock territory-- will remind you of some of the best linebackers wearing Bison green and yellow I've watched over the years. And I think our defensive backfield may be the strongest and deepest we've had in the D-1 era.

Our offense has steadily improved each game. Isiah Davis it probably back to his pre-injury production and he's having fun. In Saturday's game against USD, Davis showed off his ability to shed tacklers and would-be tacklers. He flattens and drags people. The QB, Gronowski, is all healed up and playing with confidence. I've thought the coaches have had the reins a little tight on him (we haven't had to use all of the plays yet) but I expect the playbook will be fully open on Saturday, the reins tossed off, and Gronowski given the go-ahead to travel at will. I think the top-notch mechanical engineering student can have a career game in Fargo.

If rumors about the return of Tucker Kraft are true, it'll add a dimension to our offense they we haven't seen this year. Kraft was injured in the opening few minutes of the Iowa game. Pro scouts continually compare Kraft to Dallas Goedert.

The Jacks group needing to improve is special teams. We've been prone to make mistakes. But, we're seeing improvement. We know the Bison will give the Jacks their toughest fight on special teams this season.

I expect to see your offense to come out of the doldrums and shut up their detractors. The Jacks will be a hard defense to do that against but I think that may be the ballgame: Can the Jacks defense dominate the Bison offense? I'm predicting the game stats will show a close contest but the final score will be SDSU 28, NDSU 14.

I'll show myself out.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Okay, Bisonville regulars: now you're just trying to screw around with the Jacks fans. Deep down, none of you think your team will lose. The give-away? I just read a post in which the word "formidable" was used in reference to the game. Now I know that less than one percent of the posters in this thread know what formidable means and fewer than that could have spelled it without using a dictionary. So, Nice try.

We know the Bison will be ready to play. So will the Jacks. This game has the potential to be a great football game. Both teams have their strengths along with a few week spots but overall, both teams know how to win and want to win. The '22 version of the Bison may not be the best Bison team but I don't doubt it is good enough to win at Frisco again. You've been keeping an eye on the Jacks and we'll come into the game as underdogs in many minds -- but our team, just like the Bison, will come in convinced they can win.

The Bison are going to run into a defense that at times is a machine. Our defense is smart, well-coached, experienced, deep, and makes few mistakes. I think your quarterback will be hurried-up and harassed a great deal of the time. Your offensive line has its work cut out -- I don't doubt your line can rise to the occasion but I think they're going to take a pounding all afternoon. Your O-line is going to find our four-man front is quicker than they look on video. We're very deep at linebacker and the leader of the linebacking group, Adam Bock -- in terms of effectiveness and generally raising hell with any Bison who dares to enter Bock territory-- will remind you of some of the best linebackers wearing Bison green and yellow I've watched over the years. And I think our defensive backfield may be the strongest and deepest we've had in the D-1 era.

Our offense has steadily improved each game. Isiah Davis it probably back to his pre-injury production and he's having fun. In Saturday's game against USD, Davis showed off his ability to shed tacklers and would-be tacklers. He flattens and drags people. The QB, Gronowski, is all healed up and playing with confidence. I've thought the coaches have had the reins a little tight on him (we haven't had to use all of the plays yet) but I expect the playbook will be fully open on Saturday, the reins tossed off, and Gronowski given the go-ahead to travel at will. I think the top-notch mechanical engineering student can have a career game in Fargo.

If rumors about the return of Tucker Kraft are true, it'll add a dimension to our offense they we haven't seen this year. Kraft was injured in the opening few minutes of the Iowa game. Pro scouts continually compare Kraft to Dallas Goedert.

The Jacks group needing to improve is special teams. We've been prone to make mistakes. But, we're seeing improvement. We know the Bison will give the Jacks their toughest fight on special teams this season.

I expect to see your offense to come out of the doldrums and shut up their detractors. The Jacks will be a hard defense to do that against but I think that may be the ballgame: Can the Jacks defense dominate the Bison offense? I'm predicting the game stats will show a close contest but the final score will be SDSU 28, NDSU 14.

I'll show myself out.
    no way i'm reading all that shit bro i'm gonna wait for scottie to summarize it into 140 or less.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Winning has nothing to do with moving up. ex Kennisaw
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."