Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Nebraska vs NDSU Dual

Default Re: Nebraska vs NDSU Dual

Quote Originally Posted by larson311 View Post
    March lost the wrestle off with Weber 4-3. Weber had riding time pt. Will be interesting to see how things pan out at the Bison Open next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting. I think the Bison Open and the Daktronics will shed more light on the way forward.

Weber is a defensive wrestler and usually tough to score on, but he has to open up more if he's going to be the guy. I'll be interested to see how he does vs outside competition and with more time post weight in. March and Radenz are both more offensive, so we'll see how they look vs somebody else.

With the new redshirt rules, perhaps they throw Peterson and Drexler in the mix too at some point. Athletes get 5 competitions for the year to wrestle attached and have to be attached to wrestle an open in the first semester. We could see something like freshmen wrestling at the Bison, Dak, and Midlands and then getting 2 duals in the 2nd semester. This would allow the high end freshmen a chance to get acclimated against largely D1 competition, get a couple duals, and still redshirt.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Interesting. I think the Bison Open and the Daktronics will shed more light on the way forward.

Weber is a defensive wrestler and usually tough to score on, but he has to open up more if he's going to be the guy. I'll be interested to see how he does vs outside competition and with more time post weight in. March and Radenz are both more offensive, so we'll see how they look vs somebody else.

With the new redshirt rules, perhaps they throw Peterson and Drexler in the mix too at some point. Athletes get 5 competitions for the year to wrestle attached and have to be attached to wrestle an open in the first semester. We could see something like freshmen wrestling at the Bison, Dak, and Midlands and then getting 2 duals in the 2nd semester. This would allow the high end freshmen a chance to get acclimated against largely D1 competition, get a couple duals, and still redshirt.
    Spot on regarding Weber. I saw him lose 1-0 to Lovett in high school. Given Lovett’s high ranking coming out of high school I was pretty excited when Weber chose NDSU. But he’s never been able to generate any offense.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by larson311 View Post
    March lost the wrestle off with Weber 4-3. Weber had riding time pt. Will be interesting to see how things pan out at the Bison Open next weekend.

Thanks for the info. Radenz in the mix at all?

That I’m not sure, I think we will get a little clarity this weekend.

Pretty sure the Bison Open isn't televised on Flo or anywhere, and I won't be able to make it. Anybody going?

I'm interested to see how they handle the true freshmen. Hoping Barreto, Drexler, Peterson, and Johnson all wrestle.