Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Nebraska vs NDSU Dual

Default Re: Nebraska vs NDSU Dual

The 2021 recuiting class was awesome tonight. DJ Parker was dominant, Juan Mora caps the win, Mikey Caliendo with a stunning pin, and Negrete outwrestled a borderline top 10 guy

Awesome win, exciting team to watch. Cant believe they won in Lincoln without Franek and Pentz winning their matches

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Other than Lovett did Nebraska hold out any other starters?

Overall, great team win highlighted by the outstanding 2021 recruiting class. This was a great example of what this team is capable of.

125- Negrete looked improved but needs to finish a little better and needs to manage his positions better around the edge. Some refs will get pretty aggressive with the stall calls if you consistently drop to a quad pod on the edge. Overall, I was very happy to see him being more aggressive than last year and consistently getting in on Cronin's legs. Cronin is a ridiculous 7th year senior and has been in the top 10 multiple times. If Negrete can finish his shots better, he'll be a NCAA qualifier.
    133- Midkiff looked solid. Good gas tank and was able to get in on Boo's legs. Was also able to get away from Boo. It was a bad stylistic matchup though with Boo's length presenting all kinds of challenges. Excited to see his gas tank tank and shots look good though.
    141- Dylan looked great. That huge brace on his knee worries me, as you typically only see those on guys with torn ACLs like Andrew Sparks, Austin O'Connor, and Spencer Lee. He wrestled very well tonight and to be frank, that version of Dylan Droegemueller can be an All American.
    149- Woof. Weber did not look good and didn't attempt to score in 10 minutes...yet he won. He was also facing a guy who was a multi year D2 starter at 133, who hadn't made NCAAs in D2. Hopefully March is in the lineup going forward or they go with Radenz.
    157- Franek didn't wrestle close to his best. F=Gave up multiple takedowns and got ridden pretty tough.
    165- Gave up a takedown but had a nice attack of his own right into the cradle. Beautiful. He's going to be in the top 20 all year and should be an AA at some point. He's great from neutral and I'm hoping he has picked up some tilts on top.
    174- Sax surprised me in a good way. His gas tank was fine, his strength looked good, and his length was an asset up 3 weight classes. Still not much in the way of attacks, but his scrambling still gives him a shot and he is still a tough rider.
    184- Parker looked great. His tilts were generally smooth, although I would like to see him load his hips a little more when taking a guy over rather than relying solely on momentum and upper body strength at times. He's going to be much improved this year.
    197- Pentz had a couple nice attacks but couldn't finish them. His shot d wasn't the best and sometimes he can win with his strength when he's out of position.
    HWT- Great win by Mora. He really ramped up his activity level in the third period and had some nice re-attacks. I would like to see him ride a little better, although he did well in the final seconds. I also would like to see him work on a "go to" shot, which could be his snatch single.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Other than Lovett did Nebraska hold out any other starters?
    Bubba Wilson wasn't at 165, but I think Condomitti might just be the starter now. I think Caliendo would beat Wilson too.

At 184 I was expecting Nathan Haas, although I would still take Parker in a toss up. I think it's fairly safe to say Haas is better than Van Tassell.

Rumor is that Lovett is redshirting this year, so Nebraska has to figure out what they're going to do there, as Morton isn't the answer.

With Lovett, I think Nebraska wins the dual, but since he may be redshirting, it's a moot point. With Wilson and Parker, I don't think the result changes other than NDSU probably doesn't get bonus.

Wow #8 goes down. Rank NDSU
    !
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Bubba Wilson wasn't at 165, but I think Condomitti might just be the starter now. I think Caliendo would beat Wilson too.

At 184 I was expecting Nathan Haas, although I would still take Parker in a toss up. I think it's fairly safe to say Haas is better than Van Tassell.

Rumor is that Lovett is redshirting this year, so Nebraska has to figure out what they're going to do there, as Morton isn't the answer.

With Lovett, I think Nebraska wins the dual, but since he may be redshirting, it's a moot point. With Wilson and Parker, I don't think the result changes other than NDSU probably doesn't get bonus.
    i was creeping on the Iowa rivals site and saw the same info regarding Lovett. Any idea what the plan is with March. I think an undersized March at 149 would be better than what we saw with Weber last night.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    The 2021 recuiting class was awesome tonight. DJ Parker was dominant, Juan Mora caps the win, Mikey Caliendo with a stunning pin, and Negrete outwrestled a borderline top 10 guy
    No better moment in wrestling then a HWT winning a dual in a tight match. Thanks for all the updates. It's hard to find solid NDSU wrestling info.

March lost the wrestle off with Weber 4-3. Weber had riding time pt. Will be interesting to see how things pan out at the Bison Open next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will NDSU be ranked ?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?