Thread: 2022 Game 5 Preview: Youngstown State

Default 2022 Game 5 Preview: Youngstown State

NDSU has faced backs like Jaleel McLaughlin (Brian Shay and Zach Zenner, for example.) I think that Jaleel will get his yards on Saturday.
    Youngstown passes about as much as NDSU, but their starter is under 50% completions - they still manage to be pretty efficient somehow.

Dunno, this seems kind of like the 2012 Indiana State game when they had Shakir Bell so, please, let's not give up two pick 6s.

Default Re: 2022 Game 5 Preview: Youngstown State

YSU, UNI, SDSU ..all Body Bag type of games. Not sure about this new tip tok generation but 5-10 years ago these were some brutal teams. If Tyler Roehl cannot operate the passing game this may turn out to be another one of those of games.
    Last edited by 123Gobison; 09-30-2022 at 03:55 PM.

I miss Bo when these YSU games roll around...

As for the actual game YSU's run defense has been elite so far this year although they've played two patsies and Kentucky and Kentucky has not ran the ball well in any of their 4 games this so far this year. Apparently the YSU pass defense is atrocious though... will be interesting to see if Roehl and the Bison offense deviate at all from the 80/20 run-pass mix given the strengths and weaknesses of the YSU defense. I'm sure they'll still run it plenty more than they throw it but wouldn't be surprised to see Cam air it out a bit more this game. The Guins are coming off a bye so they've had two weeks to prepare for this one since that Kentucky game.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

As for the actual game YSU's run defense has been elite so far this year although they've played two patsies and Kentucky but they held Kentucky well under their season average running the ball. Apparently their pass defense is atrocious though... will be interesting to see if Roehl and the Bison offense deviate at all from the 80/20 run-pass mix given the strengths and weaknesses of the YSU defense. I'm sure they'll still run it plenty more than they throw it but wouldn't be surprised to see Cam air it out a bit more this game. The Guins are coming off a bye so they've had two weeks to prepare for this one since that Kentucky game.
    I looked to see what ole Bo was up to these days. Wikipedia dead ends after he was booted from LSU.

Edit... apparently he's a podcaster now: https://www.wfmj.com/story/46532043/...coaching-again

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

As for the actual game YSU's run defense has been elite so far this year although they've played two patsies and Kentucky and Kentucky has not ran the ball well in any of their 4 games this so far this year. Apparently the YSU pass defense is atrocious though... will be interesting to see if Roehl and the Bison offense deviate at all from the 80/20 run-pass mix given the strengths and weaknesses of the YSU defense. I'm sure they'll still run it plenty more than they throw it but wouldn't be surprised to see Cam air it out a bit more this game. The Guins are coming off a bye so they've had two weeks to prepare for this one since that Kentucky game.
    I wonder what ever became of the shocked female assistant.

if she stayed in youngstown....about 185 lbs, 2 babies and chain smokes
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I talked with her the year they came in to play. She knew of this picture making the rounds. She just kind of laughed and walked away.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I talked with her the year they came in to play. She knew of this picture making the rounds. She just kind of laughed and walked away.
    Same response you get from all females?
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

By the way I am super ugly so the post above is okay for me to say.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns