Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    this is as jacked up as ive been about bison football in a long time fellaz 61 friggen rush attempts OH MAMA---------offtopic but does anybody happen to know if/where they sell the chop wood gear? would love to get me some thx in advance
    mega dittos
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Too bad that Lane Tucker didn't decide to use his COVID year and come back for a 6th year... he wasn't flashy but he had his name called quite a bit last year for a DT. I think we're seeing how valuable he really was based on this year's defense has looked compared to last year (same thing could be said for Jackson Hankey).
    This. I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I know Entz recruited him to stay but I can understand people wanting to start their 'real life'.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    First half was the most embarrassing half of football in years. Fumbles. Picks. Dumb penalties. Missed assignments. Bad tackling. Mediore QB play. What's even worse is mistakes are being committed by experienced players. Our 2 minute defense sucks balls. So does our run defense

Second half was almost flawless

We need to start recruiting some more size on the defensive line We need more 6-4 or 6-5 DEs like Cole Jirik, Mike Hardie, Coulter Boyer and Derick Tuszka. Too many 6-1 guys in the rotation. We need more 6-4, 290 pound DTs like Tanguay or Leevon Perry. We were undersized, even before Mostart got hurt. Teams look at the D-line and see little guys they can blow off the line. Then our linebackers are undersized. We really miss Wiesnewski, who is bigger than 2 of our DEs

Josh Magin and McCaslin have the frames
    Kody Huisman is a RFr in the DT rotation - listed at 6’ 4” 279.
    Jaxon Duttenhefer is the other RFr DT, listed at 6’ 1” 279.
    Logan Larson is the true freshman the coaches really like, 6’ 3” 262. Wondered if Larson would get his redshirt pulled after the Mostaert injury, but so far has only played the one game.

Josh Magin (6’ 5” 262) was/is a PWO. But certainly fits the need mentioned by Herdbot. And McCaslin is a lean 6’ 5” DE, 232 now - can dream on him at 250.

Keenan Wilson - 6’ 1” 280 - is the only DT commit so far in this year’s recruiting class.
    The DE’s look to be 6’ 3”

edit: 247 forgot to include Fargo Davies’ DT Brennan Palmer on this year’s Bison recruiting list, he is a lean 6’ 4” 240 right now.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 09-25-2022 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    This. I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I know Entz recruited him to stay but I can understand people wanting to start their 'real life'.
    Yep, can't fault any of those guys for wanting to move on especially when they've given 5 years to the program... each year takes a toll on the body.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    Partially disagree with you.

I agree that we need to keep Hunter healthy, but running 5 or 6 different players in a game can be hard on the o-line. Each player runs with a different style, awareness, speed, and other tendencies. Now that we have played 4 games, I would personally like to see 3 RB's used until the very end of a game (when the game is already settled).

In my opinion, Hunter should be getting 12-16 carries, with Tamerik Williams getting 8-10 carries, and Kobe Johnson getting 4-8 carries. This doesn't mean that we don't use Dom Gonnella, Jalen Bussey, or TK Marshall at all, but I would prefer for the o-line to have a better opportunity to "gel with the runners" during the game throughout drives instead of rotating RB's every 2 plays.

(I look back the Lance Dunn/Bruce Anderson/Chase Morlock years - it was 3 main guys, with some King Fraiser mixed in until injuries took over, but during the playoffs the o-line was humming because they knew ow each man ran and it really showed)

Having said this, I will say the current rushing game is working well, so we don't need to fix something that isn't broke, but it is just my 2 cents.
    I’m not sure everyone in the backfield group is ok with only getting a handful of touches every game if any at all. Tough spot for the coaches to be in because they want to make all of them happy, but giving the ball to Hunter is the best thing for the team right now. Hopefully guys are patient and don’t transfer out.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    I’m not sure everyone in the backfield group is ok with only getting a handful of touches every game if any at all. Tough spot for the coaches to be in because they want to make all of them happy, but giving the ball to Hunter is the best thing for the team right now. Hopefully guys are patient and don’t transfer out.
    I agree with this 100%

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Kody Huisman is a RFr in the DT rotation - listed at 6’ 4” 279.
    Jaxon Duttenhefer is the other RFr DT, listed at 6’ 1” 279.
    Logan Larson is the true freshman the coaches really like, 6’ 3” 262. Wondered if Larson would get his redshirt pulled after the Mostaert injury, but so far has only played the one game.

Josh Magin (6’ 5” 262) was/is a PWO. But certainly fits the need mentioned by Herdbot. And McCaslin is a lean 6’ 5” DE, 232 now - can dream on him at 250.

Keenan Wilson - 6’ 1” 280 - is the only DT commit so far in this year’s recruiting class.
    The DE’s look to be 6’ 3”

edit: 247 forgot to include Fargo Davies’ DT Brennan Palmer on this year’s Bison recruiting list, he is a lean 6’ 4” 240 right now.
    This is a full list of the defensive lineman with weights from the fall depth chart.

LE SPENCER WAEGE #99 SENIOR 6-5 282
    DYLAN HENDRICKS #95 JUNIOR 6-3 243
    REED RYAN #96 JUNIOR 6-3 241
    KOLE MENZ #70 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN 6-2 230
    KELTON MCCLASIN #92 FRESHMAN 6-4 222
    GANNON WILLIAMS #97 FRESHMAN 6-3 231

DT ELI MOSTAERT #33 JUNIOR 6-3 280
    WILL MOSTAERT #91 JUNIOR 6-2 260
    KODY HUISMAN #61 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN 6-4 279
    LOGAN LARSON #94 FRESHMAN 6-2 252
    JOSH MAGIN FRESHMAN #98 6-4 261

NG JAVIER DERRITT #58 JUNIOR 6-1 279
    JAXON DUTTENHEFER #64 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN 6-2 280
    BRYCE FRIDAY #65 SOPHOMORE 6-3 279
    JOHN KACZOR #62 FRESHMAN 6-1 275
    TREVOR BROWN #71 FRESHMAN 6-1 258

RE TONY PIERCE, JR. #90 SENIOR 6-1 241
    JAKE KAVA #54 SENIOR 6-1 243
    LOSHIAKA ROQUES #56 SOPHOMORE 6-3 227
    TOBY ANENE #93 FRESHMAN 6-3 250
    ALANTE BURLEY #57 FRESHMAN 6-3 213

Should I read the GDT thread for the first half?

I figured NDSU would come out and smoke them in the second half, but they vaporized them instead.

Any word on Gindorff’s injury? Entz’s postgame comment wasn’t somewhat elusive.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The remodel of that cement bomb shelter just wasn't enough to get me back to vermilion.
    Are you going for your own pleasure? Or are you truly a fan and going to support the team?