Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Sucks to not get everyone in the backfield touches but the more we run Hunter the most unstoppable we are, need to keep him healthy!
    Partially disagree with you.

I agree that we need to keep Hunter healthy, but running 5 or 6 different players in a game can be hard on the o-line. Each player runs with a different style, awareness, speed, and other tendencies. Now that we have played 4 games, I would personally like to see 3 RB's used until the very end of a game (when the game is already settled).

In my opinion, Hunter should be getting 12-16 carries, with Tamerik Williams getting 8-10 carries, and Kobe Johnson getting 4-8 carries. This doesn't mean that we don't use Dom Gonnella, Jalen Bussey, or TK Marshall at all, but I would prefer for the o-line to have a better opportunity to "gel with the runners" during the game throughout drives instead of rotating RB's every 2 plays.

(I look back the Lance Dunn/Bruce Anderson/Chase Morlock years - it was 3 main guys, with some King Fraiser mixed in until injuries took over, but during the playoffs the o-line was humming because they knew ow each man ran and it really showed)

Having said this, I will say the current rushing game is working well, so we don't need to fix something that isn't broke, but it is just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Texas loses in Lubbock. Hopefully this means mnlonghorn will start hanging out with us again.
    he's on the main avenue bridge
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    e
    Give Dutenferer and Hoosiman one year with Kramer and we'll have our 280 plus pound DT's . Be patient. Also, we'll have Eli back. Damn near scary good.
    I don't mind smaller guys on passing downs but I worry in base defense.

Duttenheffer is 6-1, 280. He's probably close to being maxed out on weight. Unless Kramer can make him 3 inches taller. We've had some success with 6-1 guys like Schaetz but he have way too many on the roster. Will at 6-2, 260 is a liability at DT. He should be a DE until he can add weight to his brothers size. Roques is 15-20 pounds away. Toby Anene has a good frame. Huisman is good sized

Its important because Waege graduates

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Wow. The word completely blows the game. Busted coverage on last play of tied game gives up TD. Bwahaha.

Also, incarnate word is ranked #4... It's time to leave the FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wow. The word completely blows the game. Busted coverage on last play of tied game gives up TD. Bwahaha.

Also, incarnate word is ranked #4... It's time to leave the FCS.
    Time to leave FCS???? Jump on the train........many of us have thought this for quite a while.

Time to leave FCS???? Jump on the train........many of us have thought this for quite a while.
    Oh I'm with you.

You know who did not have their shit together? Bison fans. Pathetic turnout. I used to think we had a great fan base. Not anymore.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You know who did not have their shit together? Bison fans. Pathetic turnout. I used to think we had a great fan base. Not anymore.
    Easy there, I hope you forgot the purple font. We had almost 15k fans in Tucson, AZ last weekend. Pardon us that don't live in SD for choosing Arizona over a road trip to Vermillion.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Easy there, I hope you forgot the purple font. We had almost 15k fans in Tucson, AZ last weekend. Pardon us that don't live in SD for choosing Arizona over a road trip to Vermillion.
    Are you saying Vermillion is not on everyone's vacation destination place? Say it ain't so...........

Are you saying Vermillion is not on everyone's vacation destination place? Say it ain't so...........
    The remodel of that cement bomb shelter just wasn't enough to get me back to vermilion.