Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by su86 View Post
    Are you going for your own pleasure? Or are you truly a fan and going to support the team?
    I think the answer for the first one should always be yes.

As for the second one, I mean, if you are going to be altruistic, wouldn't the money spent going to Varmint Town be better spent feeding the homeless*?

* or hunting them for sport to keep the numbers down, if you are one of those folks

Quote Originally Posted by su86 View Post
    Are you going for your own pleasure? Or are you truly a fan and going to support the team?
    Well, I just got back from traveling all the way to Arizona. I've previously been to Vermillion twice, and I have season tickets for both football and basketball. I'm also one of the loudest SOBs in the stands.

I mostly go because it's fun, but I try to do my part and support the team however little that might be.

Has to be one of the weakest Dlines and LBing corp in the last 12 years. Hopefully they improve a lot by the end of the season but I have serious doubts right now. I know losing Eli hurts but I don't think he'd be helping this group enough to make up for it. Weerts stepped up second half but we need much more of that and consistently every game.

Cam is not looking good so far either. Missing too many open guys and just does not seem to have any arm strength on a lot of his outs either. Last year he had way more zip on them. WR's need to step up their game there's talent there but it's not showing up on the field.

Outside of the FG kicking I'm pretty happy with our ST's this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Has to be one of the weakest Dlines and LBing corp in the last 12 years. Hopefully they improve a lot by the end of the season but I have serious doubts right now. I know losing Eli hurts but I don't think he'd be helping this group enough to make up for it. Weerts stepped up second half but we need much more of that and consistently every game.

Cam is not looking good so far either. Missing too many open guys and just does not seem to have any arm strength on a lot of his outs either. Last year he had way more zip on them. WR's need to step up their game there's talent there but it's not showing up on the field.

Outside of the FG kicking I'm pretty happy with our ST's this year.
    At LB it seems we are missing that general in the middle. Historically we've had a guy who maybe isn't the most athletic, but had a high football IQ. Then on the outside we seem to be a step down in athleticism from years past. Getting Cole back would be huge there. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I see different from years past.

At QB. Cam is a solid player, but being honest has a very limited ceiling. He's a game manager a level below Brock. If it was me, I'd roll the dice on Payton. A player with that kind of upside isn't going to ride the pine for long with the transfer portal being what it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    At LB it seems we are missing that general in the middle. Historically we've had a guy who maybe isn't the most athletic, but had a high football IQ. Then on the outside we seem to be a step down in athleticism from years past. Getting Cole back would be huge there. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I see different from years past.

At QB. Cam is a solid player, but being honest has a very limited ceiling. He's a game manager a level below Brock. If it was me, I'd roll the dice on Payton. A player with that kind of upside isn't going to ride the pine for long with the transfer portal being what it is today.

I don't know why people call Jensen a game manager. The guy had an incredible amount of talent across the board.

Agreed though. When the day comes that we need the QB to save the day (like Jensen, Stick, Lance, Wentz and Walker were all capable of doing) I just don't think Cam will get it done.

But the kid has proven me wrong on other points already. We'll see. Until then I hope we get a lot of "First and Cole" situations mixed in.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not huge proponent of one QB over the other but will say that Cam is capable of making certain NFL throws. He had a couple of ridiculous tosses in the second half that really wow'd me, at least. Unfortunately, one of the NFL throws that he doesn't seem to have is the long ball. I'm not sure that I've ever seen him throw a good ball 30+ yards. Perhaps one of you could remind me.

Also FWIW - I haven't the foggiest idea why some of you see Lefty Jesus as all that. Sure, he can run the ball but as far as passing goes, he hasn't shown me a single thing other than a couple of videos from practice. In games so far, there appears to be a reason why they haven't had him throw the ball much. The few that I have seen weren't much to look at. Also, his running style is not sustainable.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I don't know why people call Jensen a game manager. The guy had an incredible amount of talent across the board.

Agreed though. When the day comes that we need the QB to save the day (like Jensen, Stick, Lance, Wentz and Walker were all capable of doing) I just don't think Cam will get it done.

But the kid has proven me wrong on other points already. We'll see. Until then I hope we get a lot of "First and Cole" situations mixed in.
    End of his career Brock was a step above a game manager. His talent was crucial to pulling out a number of wins. He was just never the guy you'd put then entire team on the shoulders of like the next three guys did. I just see Cam's ceiling a bit below Brock's and that worries me because I fear we'll find ourselves in over our head somepoint with him taking snaps in crunch time.

The South Paw from Omaha has the claves of a Bronzed Adonis yearning to carry us to the promised land. I will weep if I am forced to see them walking out the transfer portal.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Cam absolutely did save the day against Missouri St last year when he came in for QP and threw two TD passes in 4th for the W

Bwahahaha.

There is a pretty sweet pic.

I partially blame the lose in Arizona to the yellow pants. There is just something about the standard away jersey combo.