Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You know who did not have their shit together? Bison fans. Pathetic turnout. I used to think we had a great fan base. Not anymore.
    Aren't you the same guy who couldn't be bothered to come to either of the games in Fargo so far this year and are selling your tickets for the SDSU game???

What do they say about glass houses...

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You know who did not have their shit together? Bison fans. Pathetic turnout. I used to think we had a great fan base. Not anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Easy there, I hope you forgot the purple font. We had almost 15k fans in Tucson, AZ last weekend. Pardon us that don't live in SD for choosing Arizona over a road trip to Vermillion.
    I was just going to type this Strommer! I know many that were at both.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The remodel of that cement bomb shelter just wasn't enough to get me back to vermilion.
    Idk bro a bomb shelter seems pretty handy
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Idk bro a bomb shelter seems pretty handy
    Ya think vlad presses the button when the walls start closing in?

Would solve our interior defensive line problems at least.

this is as jacked up as ive been about bison football in a long time fellaz 61 friggen rush attempts OH MAMA---------offtopic but does anybody happen to know if/where they sell the chop wood gear? would love to get me some thx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    First half was the most embarrassing half of football in years. Fumbles. Picks. Dumb penalties. Missed assignments. Bad tackling. Mediore QB play. What's even worse is mistakes are being committed by experienced players. Our 2 minute defense sucks balls. So does our run defense

Second half was almost flawless

We need to start recruiting some more size on the defensive line We need more 6-4 or 6-5 DEs like Cole Jirik, Mike Hardie, Coulter Boyer and Derick Tuszka. Too many 6-1 guys in the rotation. We need more 6-4, 290 pound DTs like Tanguay or Leevon Perry. We were undersized, even before Mostart got hurt. Teams look at the D-line and see little guys they can blow off the line. Then our linebackers are undersized. We really miss Wiesnewski, who is bigger than 2 of our DEs

Josh Magin and McCaslin have the frames
    According to The Benchwarmers we’re not 290 at DT anymore on purpose. Maybe they’re wrong about that and it isn’t a strategic decision, or maybe you disagree with the strategy.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    According to The Benchwarmers we’re not 290 at DT anymore on purpose. Maybe they’re wrong about that and it isn’t a strategic decision, or maybe you disagree with the strategy.
    If that's the strategy, count me in for disagreeing.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Too bad that Lane Tucker didn't decide to use his COVID year and come back for a 6th year... he wasn't flashy but he had his name called quite a bit last year for a DT. I think we're seeing how valuable he really was based on this year's defense has looked compared to last year (same thing could be said for Jackson Hankey).

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Suddenly we don't want to dominate the line? We've never had the 320 pounder in the middle but weve always had 280-290 guys. But usually taller

Last year inside
    Coster Ching - 6-4, 284
    Lane Tucker- 6-3, 280
    Eli - 6-3, 280
    Derrit - 6-1, 284
    MICHAEL BUETOW - 6-0, 284

DEs
    Brayden Thomas - 6-3, 260
    Spencer Waege 6-5, 280

Then we would rotate in Tony Pierce who is a great speed rusher. Mccormick was 6-2

The bulk of our DE rotation guys are usually 6-3, which is adequate if you're quick like Emmanuel and Menard

Now it's Kava, Pierce, Duttenheffer, and Derrit all 6-1. Eli has the height but 260 is small at DT

Historically. 3 tech is 6-4, 280 to 290. Quite often they were a DE in high school

The other DT is 6-1-6-3, 280 or 290

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Suddenly we don't want to dominate the line? We've never had the 320 pounder in the middle but weve always had 280-290 guys. But usually taller

Last year inside
    Coster Ching - 6-4, 284
    Lane Tucker- 6-3, 280
    Eli - 6-3, 280
    Derrit - 6-1, 284
    MICHAEL BUETOW - 6-0, 284

DEs
    Brayden Thomas - 6-3, 260
    Spencer Waege 6-5, 280

Then we would rotate in Tony Pierce who is a great speed rusher. Mccormick was 6-2

The bulk of our DE rotation guys are usually 6-3, which is adequate if you're quick like Emmanuel and Menard

Now it's Kava, Pierce, Duttenheffer, and Derrit all 6-1. Eli has the height but 260 is small at DT

Historically. 3 tech is 6-4, 280 to 290. Quite often they were a DE in high school

The other DT is 6-1-6-3, 280 or 290
    According to The Benchwarmers you don’t play DT at NDSU if you can’t play both techniques.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie