Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU at South Dakota

b15on is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default GDT: NDSU at South Dakota

#1 North Dakota State Bison (2-1) vs. South Dakota Coyotes (1-2)
    Saturday, September 24, 2022 · 1 p.m. · Dakotadome (9,100) · Vermillion, SD

TV: The statewide ABC network of WDAY (Fargo), WDAZ (Grand Forks), KBMY (Bismarck/Dickinson) and KMCY (Minot/Williston) will have live coverage beginning at 1 p.m. with Dom Izzo (play-by-play), Kyle Emanuel (analyst) and Logan Campbell (sideline). South Dakota's telecast on Midco Sports will also be available to ESPN+ subscribers on ESPN.com and the ESPN app.
    RADIO: Statewide coverage begins at 12 p.m. on the Pioneer Seeds Bison Radio Network including Bison 1660 and 107.9 The Fox in Fargo with Rob Hipp (play-by-play), Phil Hansen (analyst) and Cole Jirik (sideline). The network broadcast includes 1-hour pregame and 30-minute postgame shows. Streaming is available on GoBison.com/allaccess and the NDSU Athletics mobile app.

Tailgating Weather: Sunny early then becoming mostly cloudy later in the day. High 78F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.

Game Previews
    NDSU Game Preview
    South Dakota Game Preview
    Missouri Valley Weekly Notebook

The Fargo Forum
    Five things to watch in the Bison-South Dakota game

The Analyst FCS/HERO Sports
    FCS Football Preview and Predictions: Week 4 Games of the Week
    FCS Week 4 Notable Games

Argus Leader
    USD quarterback Carson Camp navigates life in the small-town spotlight
    137-13 Official Bison GDT Starter

Default Re: GDT: NDSU at South Dakota

Its been 4,719 days since we lost back to back road games. It ain’t happening today. Pissed off Bison vs a not very good USD team. He have scored 40+ points on them multiple times recently. That will happen again.

Bison: 45
    Wile E. Coyote: 10
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Its been 4,719 days since we lost back to back road games. It ain’t happening today. Pissed off Bison vs a not very good USD team. He have scored 40+ points on them multiple times recently. That will happen again.

Bison: 45
    Wile E. Coyote: 10
    38-24 is my guess
    College of Business Alumnus

how many carries will luebke get? #1 for them is a good player------last week was 1 of the most impressive offensive performances ive ever seen right up there with the spring season UND beatdown t roehl is a friggen STUD fun 2 watch like a mexican boxer with a 1 track mind oooooooooooh MOVE THOSE CHAINS

Things I’ll be watching today include:

- The Iowa affect.
    While that 2016 road victory over the #13 ranked Hawkeyes is one of the best NDSU victories ever, it was later talked of how the Bison OL was not quite the same after that game. Perhaps it was banged up, worn down……whatever. The season ended with the loss to James Madison in the playoffs. Will the OL have the same running game dominance today against South Dakota that it did against FBS Arizona? Or will it be banged up? Suffering some jet lag from the short week? Still being tired after a night game in that desert heat? All of the above?
    It was said before this season, plus into the season, that this could be the year where the Rams actually saw player rotation during the game. Not to the level the DL sees with their Hockey Line style rotation, but use of the depth nonetheless……
    Could this be a good game to do that? Will we see more of Grey Zabel, Jake Rock, Brandon Westberg etc?

- The Vermillion affect.
    JMO of course, but I had hoped Coach Roehl had taken something from the game at El Forko Grande last season. And that is when the Bison Offense is one-dimensional, well, it can be contained. NDSU was 5-11 passing for 48 yards in that 16-10 victory. A victory that did not need to be that close in score imo. I still feel the Bison need to establish the pass, to establish the run. They can overpower lesser teams, but in the tough games the Bison O needs a passing game. All I’m talking about is 20 or so passes per game. Still a run-dominant attack, but not one-dimensional. Last week against Arizona Cam Miller was 10-12 throwing the ball for 124 yards, plus 1 TD. But in the 4th quarter the Bison were one-dimensional and predictable. When that happens the other team’s run-blitzes can be effective, as seen with the Wildcats. Will the Bison Offense throw the ball 20 times in Vermillion?

- The Missing Star affect??? 3 question marks for 3 star recruits. Where are WR recruits Bryce Lance, Mehki Collins and Carson Hegerle??? It is difficult for freshmen to play for NDSU, especially on the lines, but there is a real need/opportunity for at least one of the freshmen to be contributing. I’ll add non-3 star recruit Chris Harris to the WR list, and dream on one or more of these 6’ 2” plus WR’s making an impact. Is today’s game the day it happens???

- The Nielson Ratings affect.
    Now that Coyote Head Coach Bob Nielson is calling the plays, will he have QB Carson Camp go all Chris Streveler on the Bison? As seen again last weekend, running/passing QB’s are a problem for the Bison D, so will the veteran Coach/veteran QB try to take advantage of that?
    Last edited by bruinbison; 09-24-2022 at 12:26 PM.

This is one of those weeks where we are questioning our team coming off a loss and overestimating the opponent.

Bison play focused, violent football and roll 48-13.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Things I’ll be watching today include:

- The Iowa affect.
    While that 2016 road victory over the #13 ranked Hawkeyes is one of the best NDSU victories ever, it was later talked of how the Bison OL was not quite the same after that game. Perhaps it was banged up, worn down……whatever. The season ended with the loss to James Madison in the playoffs. Will the OL have the same running game dominance today against South Dakota that it did against FBS Arizona? Or will it be banged up? Suffering some jet lag from the short week? Still being tired after a night game in that desert heat? All of the above?
    It was said before this season, plus into the season, that this could be the year where the Rams actually saw player rotation during the game. Not to the level the DL sees with their Hockey Line style rotation, but use of the depth nonetheless……
    Could this be a good game to do that? Will we see more of Grey Zabel, Jake Rock, Brandon Westberg etc?

- The Vermillion affect.
    JMO of course, but I had hoped Coach Roehl had taken something from the game at El Forko Grande last season. And that is when the Bison Offense is one-dimensional, well, it can be contained. NDSU was 5-11 passing for 48 yards in that 16-10 victory. A victory that did not need to be that close in score imo. I still feel the Bison need to establish the pass, to establish the run. They can overpower lesser teams, but in the tough games the Bison O needs a passing game. All I’m talking about is 20 or so passes per game. Still a run-dominant attack, but not one-dimensional. Last week against Arizona Cam Miller was 10-12 throwing the ball for 124 yards, plus 1 TD. But in the 4th quarter the Bison were one-dimensional and predictable. When that happens the other team’s run-blitzes can be effective, as seen with the Wildcats. Will the Bison Offense throw the ball 20 times in Vermillion?

- The Missing Star affect??? 3 question marks for 3 star recruits. Where are WR recruits Bryce Lance, Mehki Collins and Carson Hegerle??? It is difficult for freshmen to play for NDSU, especially on the lines, but there is a real need/opportunity for at least one of the freshmen to be contributing. I’ll add non-3 star recruit Chris Harris to the WR list, and dream on one of more of these 6’ 2” plus WR’s making an impact. Is today’s game the day it happens???
    Good post. I agree with everything you said and would add that NDSU needs to either get bigger defensive tackles or bulk them up. Will Mostaert is only 260 pounds and none of the DTs are over 280.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This week we'll find out just how different this year's Bison are from the pre-2020 teams. I'm not expecting the typical bounce back after a loss, and won't be surprised if this is a tough game. Bison still pull out the win, 34-24.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Thunderdome: 55
    Duncedome: 17
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Spread is 14.5 o/u is 46.5

Probably sitting this one out.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes