Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU at South Dakota

Default Re: GDT: NDSU at South Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    cam on that scramble to the right had a chance to cut it back for a big gain... .he didnt even look
    Your mom didn’t even look
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Thank you! He could have ruled the Bison player has possession which wild make it dead. But if he didn't the ball remains alive because it never touched in the end zone. USD could have picked it up and ran with it. The ball eventually becomes dead but since the ball was touched beyond the plane of goal line you have illegal touching (violation not a foul). USD has the choice of the illegal touching spot (end zone so touchback) or where it ultimately became dead (2 yard line). They obviously take the touchback option.

In this case it doesn't matter if he ruled possession or illegal touching because the result is the same. Since he hesitated in guessing he ruled touching. If he dropped a bean bag in the end zone that would confirm it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I think confirmed by the beanbag, with an assist from the toe wedge.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Huge line surge.

If Entz n Roehl are gonna read BV at halftime why the fuck didn’t they do it in AZ, Dammit!!
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Yeah, although he said aiding the running is illegal.....I don't think that's still the case, right?

I wish I would have taken the afternoon to do a project, I'd probably be happier right now.
    It is illegal but the definition changed. You can push a runner from behind (i.e. the Bush Push), but you can't carry or pull. It's a rare call though because it needs to be big and obvious and the only reason the runner advanced.

now Stofel to the locker room with the doctor? ugh.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gonnella needs to quit with the hop when he runs. Put your shoulder down and run through guys.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It is illegal but the definition changed. You can push a runner from behind (i.e. the Bush Push), but you can't carry or pull. It's a rare call though because it needs to be big and obvious and the only reason the runner advanced.

Interesting. The Bison make a living off of that, although it's probably mostly pushing and not pulling.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

tyler stupid roehl 3 straight runs up the middle at goalline. argh
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Gonnella needs to quit with the hop when he runs. Put your shoulder down and run through guys.
    He does seem to hop at the line a lot. Something you don't see the other RBs doing.