Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freshman 4 2022

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Freshman 4 2022

If you still have questions about this staff's recruiting ability.
    Yes, I want to see true freshman showing out.
    Drake: 48 LS Caleb Bowers, 94 DT Logan Larson
    A&T:
    U of A:
    If I've missed any please add. And no, I won't be updating this weekly.

Default Re: Freshman 4 2022

Too easy.
    Drake: 48 LS Caleb Bowers, 94 DT Logan Larson
    A&T:
    U of A:
    USD:
    Can we have Kleiman back?

While I agree that the recruiting criticisms of Entz and staff are a little outrageous at this point it definitely does help to have all the super seniors... I'm sure Klieman, Bohl, and all the rest would've loved to have had multiple players from 6 recruiting classes on the roster at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    While I agree that the recruiting criticisms of Entz and staff are a little outrageous at this point it definitely does help to have over 10 super seniors... I'm sure Klieman, Bohl, and all the rest would've loved to have had players from 6 recruiting classes on the roster at one time.
    When you have a new toy do you play with it? There are no stud 2nd year players on this team, save #15.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    When you have a new toy do you play with it? There are no stud 2nd year players on this team, save #15.
    There's a metric ton of upper classmen on this roster... 22 seniors and 34 juniors. It's tough for underclassmen to crack that depth chart. Cole Payton probably wouldn't even be playing outside of garbage time if Quincy Patterson hadn't transferred.

Plenty of garbage time in the first two games. We've tried a long snapper and a DT. The 4 game rule serves a purpose, no guarantees during conference play.

Plenty of garbage time in the first two games. We've tried a long snapper and a DT. The 4 game rule serves a purpose, no guarantees during conference play.
    Are you talking about redshirt freshmen or true freshmen? 17 of 23 redshirt freshman played in at least one of the first two games. They played around 75-80 guys in each of those first two games... not sure how you can expect them to get more out there than that.

Four game rule only applies to athletes not yet redshirted. I'm mostly focused on D line and LB. Other than Kopp and Menz not seeing a lot of Rfreshman potential there. Liking Kpeenu at RB. Who's the next Beck or Dudzik or Heagle or Littlejohn or Emanuel or Menard or DeLuca or Tuzka or Grimsley? With a 4 game rule each of those studs would have seen plenty of playing time as true freshman. We've taken steps backward in our recruiting, that showed in Tucson, we should have crushed that shitty PAC team.

Four game rule only applies to athletes not yet redshirted. I'm mostly focused on D line and LB. Other than Kopp and Menz not seeing a lot of Rfreshman potential there. Liking Kpeenu at RB. Who's the next Beck or Dudzik or Heagle or Littlejohn or Emanuel or Menard or DeLuca or Tuzka or Grimsley? With a 4 game rule each of those studs would have seen plenty of playing time as true freshman. We've taken steps backward in our recruiting, that showed in Tucson, we should have crushed that shitty PAC team.
    Haha, well when you started this thread I thought you were trying to dunk on the people putting down Entz's recruiting ability... goes to show how you can spin this narrative however you want since all these guys on the current roster (except for the some of the seniors) are Entz's recruits. So the fact that the upper classmen are dominating the depth chart could be just as much a testament to Entz and staff's recruiting as a detriment. Honestly I'd be a little worried if the depth chart was littered with underclassmen when you look at the class numbers.

From the South Dakota game participation report,
    RFr who played were

WR - Bryce Lance
    RB - Owen Johnson
    LB - Logan Kopp
    TE - Finn Diggins
    FB - Truman Werremeyer
    DE - Kole Menz
    DT - Kody Huismann
    DT - Jaxon Duttenhefer
    S - Ryan Jones

And a reminder that, with this being a road game travel squads are limited to 63 players - iirc - by the MVFC.

To highlight another important facet of recruiting, the preferred walk on program shows what was added to NDSU’s depth here with Johnson, Werremeyer & Menz all being PWO’s.