Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You know I'm retired but I hear that a lot of work is being done remotely these days and many fewer office dwellers are actually, you know, in the office. Given that I'm wondering if a) you've got any modern internet connectivity up there in the Turtles and if so then b) do you have any free cycles left between tractor and harvester sessions? Maybe you can work something out. Eh?
    I would piss pump both Entz and roehl in madden bro.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I would piss pump both Entz and roehl in madden bro.
    I did not use purple font.

Yeah, but. I would really like to see Leupke available and as near fully healthy as can be throughout the conference schedule and especially the playoffs. Was winning this game so vitally important that you would increase the odds of injuring your bell cow before you even enter conference play?

Frankly I don't know. Maybe a win in this game is worth more than another FCS trophy in the grand scheme as it relates to FBS aspirations. Maybe they don't need Hunter to win the MVFC. We have a lot of RB's. Perhaps another one of them could have been employed in this situation. T Williams is not a small body and had some success on Saturday night.
    Little thought exercise... Do you think any players would traded a natty for the Iowa game? This game gets more talking heads talking about NDSU than a 10th natty. I heard this game talked about on all of the national CFB podcasts I listen too. all of them. Nearly zero of them even report the score of the Natty outside of Bruce Feldman. As in, it doesnt even exist to them. Its nothing, and does not move the needle to national CFB fans. They dont talk about D2 or D3 nattys either for the same reason.

Point is this, you may prefer a natty to an FBS win, but it is still an extremely important game, and running our starting RB 20x in ONE GAME is not going to compromise his health. If your RB is physically compromised if he runs 20x one single time a season, then he should not be a RB.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I did not use purple font.
    Working on a podcast bro. Maybe they could listen to Kevin and I and get some pointers. Waiting to see if CAS is in or not.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Working on a podcast bro. Maybe they could listen to Kevin and I and get some pointers. Waiting to see if CAS is in or not.
    Have not seen a post from him since very early in the game. Are we sure he's alright?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Normally the Bison rock in the 4th Quarter, but last night it was AZ who were strong in the 4th. A possible reason I believe was the altitude finally got to the team. I remember back in 1966 the number 1 ranked Bison played the number 2 ranked San Diego Aztecs out there in the mountains (7000 ft) and got zonked. The players later said it felt like they were running in sand, or something like that. I remember Ron Earhardt was pissed and said if we ever play them again it's going to be here. At 4400 ft the Arizona stadium isn't at quite the altitude as San Diego was at that time, but it's still a much higher altitude than our 900 ft. Bison muscle seemed to be gone by the middle of the 4th Quarter.
    I thought we looked great in the 4th quarter. Offense did at least. We were moving the ball no problem until that last drive.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

... and the strip sack of Cam deep in their red zone. It was early and it may not have seemed such a blow at the time but that ended up being likely a 14 point swing since they capitalized on the TO.

At the end of the day, the Bison need to play essentially error free ball when competing with a P5 and this time, they didn't.
    This is 100% right. We should have won by 14 without some stupid mistakes.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That 4th and 2 would have been the PERFECT time to run a little dump to one of the TEs releasing off the line. You've set it up for 2 games and 3 quarters that when Cole comes in he runs the ball. You could even run it out the the same formation. Cole gets the snap, takes one step to the line and then just dumps it over the line to a TE...probably would have been an easy TD. I mean if you aren't going to run that kind of play then after you've been setting it up for three games then when would you?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    https://twitter.com/ndgilby/status/1...qTQQ_e9Ug&s=19

Anyone know why AZ HC was so pissed he directed an FU at our Sideline?
    Totally unprofessional coach! If you watch his postgame press conference he only once ackknowledged that this was going to be a TOUGH GAME. No compliments to NDSU for who we are, in fact when asked by reporter about NDSU fans traveling so well, he said I like our fans, no comments on the fact we filled up 45% of their stadium Saturday night. AZ fans told us this was the most fans they have seen in years here. They loved that we helped make it seem like a BIG GAME. AZ fans were just fine, they new we had a great team and hoped it will be a close game, which it was from any college football fans stand point. A Boxing match.

But as Bison Fans we know the little mistakes or couple bad calls by coaches can hurt you in big games and it did.

But lets talk about the Unsportsman like Noise their sound man did on our 3rd Downs and 4th downs which produced sound on their stadium speakers and even their Band played loud as we were lining up to the the line and could barely do audibles, and had to hike the ball! That is totally illegal too or embarrassing that the AD allows that to happen!

Their coach is a DUCHE BAG! Great coaches acknowledge other teams,and watching him tell off NDSU because we were favored by 2 in their house was sooo unprofessional! Even when asked about his vocal outrage he said it was PERSONAL! He just showed how much of an idiot he is.

However in saying that, hes got fight and AZ needs that and I hope they go on to have a comeback year and win 5 or 6 games to show we lost to a good talented team and hope they don't lose a bunch. They have great fast skilled players, good size and fight, we let this one slip away but they were the best team we will play all year until the Border Battle or the Nickel game. But AZ is a good team, they would whip IOWA or IOWA State for sure, as the coach said, we aren't IOWA, or IA STATE WE are AZ 2022.

He had a lot built up with getting no respect from the press and all he heard was how good NDSU is and when Vegas gave us the odds in his house, that is what was under his skin....No Doubt.

But sooo many great comments from fans down at the game, coaches made some bad decisions, couple bad penalties hurt us at key times... but players and coaches will learn from this game, its NON COnference, we will be fine.

We need to learn to throw the damn ball down field to our WR #0 guy. 6'6" beyond 30 yards and near the damn endzone and let him go up and get it! Should of been done on the 2nd drive near the endzone at 5 yard line but we didn't instead Cam got raced down and fumbled on a tough tackle strip. These boys are fast, and you have to make quick plays on offense when playing higher level teams. Its not the MVFC.

Getting long here...but fun game day and fun to see the massive Bison Fan support in Tucson. What a great time.! The sky is not falling the boys and coaches will learn, a good loss we let slip away but thats football.

Go Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    That 4th and 2 would have been the PERFECT time to run a little dump to one of the TEs releasing off the line. You've set it up for 2 games and 3 quarters that when Cole comes in he runs the ball. You could even run it out the the same formation. Cole gets the snap, takes one step to the line and then just dumps it over the line to a TE...probably would have been an easy TD. I mean if you aren't going to run that kind of play then after you've been setting it up for three games then when would you?
    Seems right. Assume Cole can throw.