Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    To be fair, there was probably a lot of pent up emotion on his part. Sometimes people aren't at their best in the heat of the moment when their adrenalin is up.
    Ok. Then when he cooled off he didn't seem to regret his loss of composure in the moment. Just offered a vague justification.

It's ok if that's who he is. Just wouldn't be my preference for the conduct of the HC for the program I support is all.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Ok. Then when he cooled off he didn't seem to regret his loss of composure in the moment. Just offered a vague justification.
    Yeah, I wonder why it was "personal" when his players were diving at full speed into our OL's knees? Did they hurt his fee-fees by finishing blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, I wonder why it was "personal" when his players were diving at full speed into our OL's knees? Did they hurt his fee-fees by finishing blocks?
    My own thoughts. He was pissed he was saddled with playing NDSU. He made it clear that decision was made by the prior administration. He didn't want that smoke and was relieved they pulled out the win because he wouldn't have placed his program in that situation in the first place. He didn't like having to answer all the questions from the press about comparing his P5 program to FCS NDSU and the real risk of them losing that game as he tries to pull his team from the P5 cellar.

Just a guess though.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My own thoughts. He was pissed he was saddled with playing NDSU. He made it clear that decision was made by the prior administration. He didn't want that smoke and was relieved they pulled out the win because he wouldn't have placed his program in that situation in the first place. He didn't like having to answer all the questions from the press about comparing his P5 program to FCS NDSU and the real risk of them losing that game as he tries to pull his team from the P5 cellar.

Just a guess though.
    Tend to agree here.

Im sure the week long questioning on just how his lowly Pac12 program intends to compete with the Bison got to him.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Tend to agree here.

Im sure the week long questioning on just how his lowly Pac12 program intends to compete with the Bison got to him.
    Agree with this and EC8CH and I would add the very real feeling of losing that game while it was under way added to that pressure cooker of feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Agree with this and EC8CH and I would add the very real feeling of losing that game while it was under way added to that pressure cooker of feelings.
    All understandable, but screaming fuck you at the other team? That just lacks a level of professionalism that should be expected from a D1 head football coach. Just my opinion.

All understandable, but screaming fuck you at the other team? That just lacks a level of professionalism that should be expected from a D1 head football coach. Just my opinion.
    Oh I also agree with that 100%. I would be almost as embarrassed as teh hockies fans up north with their coaches and fans constantly saluting the other team with one finger.

Fisch is did coach at Minnesota one year as the OC back in 2009 so I am sure he crossed our path recruiting some. (they played SDSU won 16-14 that year)

He does make 2.6 million a year and got fired by Gus Bradley at Jacksonville.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Posting before reading the thread.

1) Our rushing attack is really good. It was interesting though: as soon as the announcer said in the 4th quarter that we had worn down the Arizona defense, their defense came alive. I wish we would have called a pass... or really anything different than what we were doing the last 8ish minutes of the game. What happened that we suddenly couldn't do *anything*?
    2) Why not kick a field goal to go up by 7? Instead went for it on 4th down with an obvious projection of what we were going to do. It felt like watching the K-State vs Tulane game from earlier in the day all over again.
    3) Fumble inside the red zone led to an AZ TD: 14 point swing. Failed fourth down instead of kicking the field goal: 10 point swing.
    4) Being in the PAC 12 would be really fun. It felt like we belonged from start to finish, and games like this every week of the year would be awesome.
    5) How happy was their coach at the end? They really felt like they upset a better team. It was jubilation.
    5b) Is our dynasty over? Are we now a top end FCS team that won't win our FBS games anymore? Maybe we get back on P5 schedules after this.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Fisch is did coach at Minnesota one year as the OC back in 2009 so I am sure he crossed our path recruiting some. (they played SDSU won 16-14 that year)

He does make 2.6 million a year and got fired by Gus Bradley at Jacksonville.
    Yup^^ this. he hated NDSU.

NDSU was a pain for him at Minnesota
    NDSU legend Bradley fired his soft ass.. because HE IS SOFT!
    NDSU has a better program and team and was portrayed as such all week by the media and oddsmakers.

and he's a soft little bitch. screw him.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?