Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

My takeaways (many already stated):

1. The rollout at the 5 was a bad call. We should have been running the ball there. That cost us 7, and maybe even 14 as Arizona scored off that fumble.

2. Kick the FG. For a chance to go up by a full 7, you take it. If not, at least spread them out more.

3. Going for it on 4th down in first quarter was not necessary. Stupid decision early in the game.

4. I am using a fan of play action rollouts, but they were not working the best tonight. How about a middle screen?

5. Punting at the end of the game was the wrong call, even with in being 4th and long.

Overall this was a coaching loss, not a players loss. Having said that, we are still a top 4 FCS team.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    If we converted on the last position, we win. It was an entertaining game I think it was a great learning experience. Arizona will be mid/upper end of the PAC 12 when it’s all said and done. That being said,

I feel like we lost to South Dakota. We had no business losing that game. Left at minimum, 13 points on the field. Fuck penalties and the fumble on the fuckn 8 yd line.
    Don't forget that utterly stupid face mask on a failed 3rd down, that was then turned into a TD. Number 91, ugh, ugh!!!!!

Too many penalties. Couple of pivotal plays on both sides of the ball, that if we capitalize we win. Not closing it out up 28-24. That 4th down play we didnt get was huge. Maybe throw it a few more times? Cam had to roll out in order to get time. Run game was very good. I thought the offense was awesome. Defense a lot of work to do up front. Didnt give up a ton of deep plays through the air. We need a competent FG kicker. We probably kick it on that 4th down if so. That game was ours. Adjust, move on and go win another title. Being at this game makes me want FBS badly.

That's a very good point. If we had last year's FG kicker, we win that game. I didn't think the Shanley guy was here long enough to have graduated.

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Need to start recruiting full scholarship kickers again. Also we have two middle linebackers which means we don't have one.

Anyway despite everything NDSU had their boot on Arizona's throat late in the fourth, went for the killing blow and whiffed.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Also Williams needed more carries today.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
    Best post I've read all night!! I dont get it
    Felt like conservative Iowa type play calling. Almost worked again against a much inferior FBS team. Does seem though that even in crunch time they lack faith and avoid putting much of anything on cam shoulders in the passing game.

https://twitter.com/ndgilby/status/1...qTQQ_e9Ug&s=19

Anyone know why AZ HC was so pissed he directed an FU at our Sideline?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    The fcs is garbage. With the exception of sdsu, we won't see another good close game all year.
    How much you want to bet the extremely objective playoff committee makes sure NDSU an Missouri State play in the same bracket and have zero chance of meeting in Frisco? If we do meet them in the playoffs, that game scares me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    https://twitter.com/ndgilby/status/1...qTQQ_e9Ug&s=19

Anyone know why AZ HC was so pissed he directed an FU at our Sideline?
    I don't think it was directed at anyone in particular, like he had bottled up every slight over the week and let it out.