Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    Outside the spring season this is our worst team we’ve fielded in our championship run and it’s not even close
    JFC man. We aren't even to conference play yet. Go on with your bad self and your sweeping assessments though. Dropping a 3 point loss to a P5 team really has you down. Or maybe we should have ran up the score higher on Butler?

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    So what are you saying about the previous FBS games? They lost because they didn't take NDSU seriously?
    They lost because they made a couple key mistakes that NDSU typically avoided. ASU managed to flip that and play a near perfect game with no TOs and a single penalty. Took a near mistake free game for a P5 team to beat NDSU. No shame in that.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    JFC man. We aren't even to conference play yet. Go on with your bad self and your sweeping assessments though. Dropping a 3 point loss to a P5 team really has you down. Or maybe we should have ran up the score higher on Butler?
    It has me down because we lost due to bad defense, being one dimensional, and penalties.

Things we don’t usually have issues with. Just feels like the end of the run is near. It doesn’t provide a lot of confidence going into conference play

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It has me down because we lost due to bad defense, being one dimensional, and penalties.

Things we don’t usually have issues with. Just feels like the end of the run is near. It doesn’t provide a lot of confidence going into conference play
    I think once Wisniewski gets back the LB situation will be greatly improved. Also, once the young DTs get more game experience the defense will be much better. Do agree with you on Saturday, defense looked poor.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They lost because they made a couple key mistakes that NDSU typically avoided. ASU managed to flip that and play a near perfect game with no TOs and a single penalty. Took a near mistake free game for a P5 team to beat NDSU. No shame in that.
    I agree with most of this other than I would guess there were a handful of plays/decisions Arizona would have done differently given the chance (same for both teams). I was more referring to what seemed to be a slight at the previous NDSU teams that have knocked off FBS programs. That somehow they won because the other team wasn't prepared and this team only lost because they were.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

and play a near perfect game with no TOs .

Entz did call one timeout in the second half eh

Lardsin must go!

IMO we lost to a poor football team that had a day where they did everything right and we did a lot wrong. Giving up that FG at the end of the half was inexcusable, the silly penalties, the turnover, not converting from 3rd and 2 at their 23 and then the terrible play calling on the final drive equally as bad. Clean up any single thing from those mistakes and we win that game. Some keys to the loss below IMO.

Code:
                                    NDSU     Arizona
    4th down efficiency	        0-2      1-2
    Penalties	                6-60     1-15
    Turnovers	                1	 0

It’s hard to blame the staff for not replacing Watson. Cal has a good defense. If AZ puts up 30+ on them, I think you have to tip your hat. de Laura and those receivers are a problem for any defense.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    https://twitter.com/ArizonaFBall/sta...s2znL8QfWkoevg

UA sure celebrating after their lucky win
    It wasn't luck. They played discipled football on both sides of the ball and made the big plays when it really mattered, unlike us. Our D really hurt us this game, just like I was afraid they would. Our front 4 are slow and it showed on Sat. Very little pressure on their QB and when we got pressure, they couldn't contain him. Our D looked unorganized all night long. It seemed on most downs that our D wasn't on the same page and not set when the ball was snapped. Just a poor all around performance by our D on Sat. Our D has got to get better or we will lose more games this year. Considering our D is young and inexperienced, I am confident that they will get better as the season progresses.

In the end, they were more motivated to win this game than we were. They were sick of hearing about how good we are and how nearly everyone, fans and prognosticators alike, were not giving AZ much of a chance of winning this game and on the flip side I think we were a little too cocky going into the game. I think our players and coaches bought into the pregame hype going into the game and it showed.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    It wasn't luck. They played discipled football on both sides of the ball and made the big plays when it really mattered, unlike us. Our D really hurt us this game, just like I was afraid they would. Our front 4 are slow and it showed on Sat. Very little pressure on their QB and when we got pressure, they couldn't contain him. Our D looked unorganized all night long. It seemed on most downs that our D wasn't on the same page and not set when the ball was snapped. Just a poor all around performance by our D on Sat. Our D has got to get better or we will lose more games this year. Considering our D is young and inexperienced, I am confident that they will get better as the season progresses.

In the end, they were more motivated to win this game than we were. They were sick of hearing about how good we are and how nearly everyone, fans and prognosticators alike, were not giving AZ much of a chance of winning this game and on the flip side I think we were a little too cocky going into the game. I think our players and coaches bought into the pregame hype going into the game and it showed.
    Young and inexperienced? Not even remotely the case. There is a ton of experience all over that defense. Not to mention two safeties that have been starting for 4-5 years that were not impressive.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk